ZACK GOWEN?

Ring General

What is with this kid getting a contract with wwe. I don't want to see him on wwe TV ne more. This is a horrible angle and i along with others think that they should consider going other ways with SD!. If they are gonna let him be a wrestler, then let him be a wrestler, but they could go with out this whole gimp and defenceless human angle.

-Ring General

being honest, i cant see Zach lasting that long. within a few weeks the wwe will run out of ideas on how to use a one-legged wrestler, i aint got nothing against the fella, i mean his match was pretty good, but what can they do after this contract storyline runs its course? At the moment thanks to the storyline he has the sympathy vote from a lot of fans, but that wont last forever.

There's one thing that's certainly a good thing about this angle- It's unique. I'm so fed up by WWE's lack of originality. Every big storyline has been done before in some shape. Vince McMahon and Sable has been done plenty of times with another woman in Mero's role, the Brock/Kurt "mutual respect although they don't really like each other" thing has been done with Rock and Foley and Booker T's quest for the title as champion keeps surviving is as old as dirt.

Sure, you could even say that Gowen's current role is far too similar to Spanky's debut gimmick, in the way that they're both desperate to get a WWE contract. However, Gowen has big name players involved in his angle, as like it or not, Steph and Vince are considered to be big stars by the writing team, so maybe he'll get a big name reaction to go with his angle.

But with Hogan out of the way, I'm confident that Gowen will be shown as a superstar in his own light, in the way that Sean O'Haire should be with Piper departing. I only hope that WWE doesn't hotshot the angle and turn Stephanie on him after a month or two, so she can become "Daddy's Little Girl" again, as that would just be counterproductive...which probably means that it'll happen. Oh well.

In my opinion Gowen has alot of potential....he has the heart,and the in ring experience to make it.Plus for him to even wrestle with a fake leg,and even one leg is just amazing!I say kudos to Zach for his hard work,and dedication in the ring!He has really proven himself.

Gowen won't be around for the long-term, once the fans turn on him he'll either turn heel and have a dismal run, or get his pink-slip.

Fans now more than ever hate incompetent babyfaces and he's been booked as one since the nonsense with Sable a few weeks ago.

Indeed. There's nothing like an incompetent babyface :P

I personally don't like Zach Gowen. Simply because I feel he's only on my television to be exploited. I'm sure he might be talented in the ring, but I mean if he's kicking about the main event for a whie it's a joke.

Guys like Lance Storm should go an cut off one of their arms or something, maybe they'd get a push then.

I didn't like Gowen's match against the big show because I find it impossible to even remotely believe that a one legged man could beat anyone in a wrestling match. Surely you'd just kick the shit out of his one leg and keep tripping him up - LOL mental picture.

All he can manage are pathetic dropkicks a few planchas and a moonsault, how long til the novelty wears off with that moveset. Plus his erm one leggedness means his opponent cant perform the majority of moves on him e.g. he could seriously injure himself taking the west coast pop having to carry rey's weight while flipping forward. The kids a liability. He's also in terrible shape. Here's a crazy idea, how about WWE push wrestlers with wrestling ability - preferably those with some mic ability - and not steroid enhanced freaks, circus acts and backstage politicians. What's next, the bearded lady as U.S champion.

...And will someone please tell Gowen not to run off the ropes, its embarassing and stretches Kayfabe to breaking point.

If Zack Gowen is ever released, the storyline will probably be that Vince McMahons just terminates his contract by firing him. It's no big deal getting it, it can just be gone whenever. It'll probably be due to health reasons though, with the one leg and all.

As for Mr.America, I hope that storyline ends where it should, with McMahon making that big announcment, Hogan's bound to be back someway...

It's hilarious, even Zach Gowen in a recent interview admitted himself, the WWE would not have given him a contract if he had 2 legs.

Vince is using him as a sideshow freak, and its horrible. Really makes me ashamed to say I'm a WWE fan when they pull this type of crap.

Like I said, World Wrestling Exploitation.