How did you debut at TWO?

Peter K

Hello everyone!

Firstly, I'm feeling rather nostalgisc today so, I'm just being curious to find out how you debuted at TWO?

Did you just registerted and made your first post without no trouble and just hung around?

Or did you make a debut more memorable than the ShockMaster?

I debuted at TWO in what you could say was a memorable way - I was a regular in the chat room not knowing TWO existed - I was in the room through Smash Wrestling.

I was curious one day in June 2002 - even though I was at the chat room from August 2001! - and followed a link from Smash's chat window pop up to TalkWrestling.com and was redirected to TalkWrestlingOnline.com.

There, I took a look around and registerted because I was curious and it was about the time where Stone Cold Steve Austin assaulted his wife Debra - I decided to defend him by posting a thread saying that Austin HASN'T lost it and proceeded to flame some members in the forum and the chat room and got bashed continutally by most people.

Then, I just liked the place and hanged on and here we are today - I'm a member since June 2002 with over 1,000 posts to my name.

What about you?

I debuted in December in the UK Forum (as it wasn't 'Scenes' back then) to post about how it was so obvious that Lesnar was going to win the Rumble and asked whether it spoiled it for anyone else that the Rumble was looking so predictable. It was a nice safe post to debut with before quickly moving on to slating Hulk Hogan and asking people if they could/would wrestle in nightclubs. If I remember rightly I think that The Crippler and Alan JP were the first people to respond to my post, and thankfully enough agreed with me, since I was eager not to make a first post that would make me look like an idiot. I didn't, but plenty since then have made me look that way!

I've been here a year coming up this week! w00t!! :xyx

I joined through clicking a link in Simon Lilsboy column as it was around the time Talkwrestling was on the radio. I joined, posted and funny enough it was my mate PK who replied to me first! So blame him :D buts it's great generally, good thread PK :)

I joined in the spring on 2001 coming in the room via Smash after hearing about it on WrestleTalk on TalkSport. After coming in under various names I started to have quizes and stuff like that, thus the name Quiz Master seem to be a suitable name. After much arse kissing and annoying all the chat mods in the room, Kam kindly gave me my modship at the King of the Ring 2001 PPV Chat, which I also believe was TWO's 1st Birthday as well.

After more retirements than Terry Funk I'm always drawn back to TWO, maybe its just because my like would be incomplete without it :D

I made my debut on the forums in December 2000 after floating about the chatrooms for a bit. First post was one that questioned the validity of the Lionsault as a finisher. I instantly got flamed by Latino for that. :) I enjoyed the old forums. Then they got made all flashy around October or November 2001 and I joined those ones when I got back from holiday.

Originally posted by The Vulcanized One

Staqyed in chat for ages flaming Nicole (major fun) before joining the forums and asking Kam why I wasn't mentioned in a huge post he made including people he felt were more mature than their age. How shit.

You AND Perf flamed me in the chat. Evil kids.

I came here when I was about 16 years old, (yesh when I was innocent) First started talking to Shaggy here, altho I didnt like him very much then. Then I had a thing for Russ

:bg After a while I met this annoying guy called Groovico (Sorry babe), And this whacky guy called Tony-Smash with the mad face as a icon, Kamy was so shy back then too but I soon changed that :devil hehe

I later joined the forums 'cus Kamy made me, I got dumped by my online boyfriend too.. But Im Chyna and I always get what I want.. the online boyfriend became the real boyfriend :P

Awww its good to remember the old times

...and all you can say is "what the f**k" :roll...

For me, I think I debuted in one of the "Pick a new mod" things. Back then, as hard as it is to believe, I had an ego bigger than the site. Luckily, I managed to calm down and I've become more modest over the years (although much more hostile :)).

Well before TWO even existed, a friend saw an ad in "Kerrang" (I don't read that shite) for a wrestling tape trader. It turned out to be Matt M's Hardcore Highway, so as I never had a PC back then I sent him an email through Open (now Sky Active) asking for his tape list.

After a few tape updates he started an EGroup, similar to forums but you had to email things to an address then it would get sent to every address in the group, and you'd reply and so on. This soon went tits up about the time I got my PC, then around Christmas 2000, I got an email from the Hardcore Highway EGroup linking to these forums, and I checked it out straight away and have never looked back.

My first post was a reply to Matt's introductory post in which I asked him "whatever happened to the Hardcore Higway E Group", he said he closed it due to lack of interest. Very un controvesial.

Just like Shane Douglas, I debuted in a blaze of moth....erm...glory (watch the MLW Genesis show to see what moth was the start of).

Can't remember my first post exactly, but it couldn't have had any less than 4 lengthy paragraphs and umpteen salient points.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Orchid

By complaining about Inno.

No fair! A lot of people debuted that way...

I don't know how I debuted. I think I was always here. Seriously. Kam put the forums online and I think I came as part of it.

My first post was either about Crisps, Monkeys, or Tommy Dreamer. Or Nicole :D

Originally posted by Pabster

I made a quiet entrance into the chatroom in late 2000 and registered on the old board in its early days but never posted. I started posting regularly on the forum the night I went into chat. Ahhh good old TWO! :)

Old board - I'm quite interesed, what was the old board? , was it like this and a far off question - does the URL still exist? - don't mind me, I'm just curious :)

The old board was erm the very first board TWO had. There have been several versions PK. I don't think the first board still exists but I'm sure Kam said he had an active link of another old TWO board.

If I remember correctly, the first board only had about 1 board in the whole forum. :)

My debut here was when I when I was forced (by Pab :P) to try and re-kindle the interest in the TWO Morning Clique, which I never ended up going to. That was about 13 months ago. 10 months after that, I was a Forum Leader. There's hope for everybody :)

Originally posted by Pabster

The old board was erm the very first board TWO had. There have been several versions PK. I don't think the first board still exists but I'm sure Kam said he had an active link of another old TWO board.

If I remember correctly, the first board only had about 1 board in the whole forum. :)

One board? - that's certainly very interesting! - loads of change from that to today's forums! - interesting!