Read this if you are a true fan

hylen

Originally posted by Rikidozan

Lol, someone should give this kid some FMW to watch, i'd love to see the child try and argue their incoherent and nonsensical point then.

Sorry, do you mean me or hylen? It's late and my brain hurts, sorry Riki but I am being the clueless one asking you this question!

Originally posted by hylen

Very funny to see something like this on the forums. Top of the range moron badge on its way to that kid right now!

THat was by Simon who has more then 1000 posts on Talk Wrestling Online........and you guys say i have no life.

no you have a life, just a sad one :D

Firstly this Hylen fella is an ignorant muppet and I'd put money on him being another member using a new pseudonym trying to make trouble.

It really annoys me how people - normally those who've only seen a handfull of matches - say wrestling isn't a sport. I'd agree professional wrestling isn't a competitive sport as the results are predetermined, but there is no reason why it can't be considered a cooperative perfomance sport such as gymnastics.

Pro Wrestling combines high flying athletisism like gymnastics (A SPORT), incredible strength just like weightlifting (A SPORT) and strikes, holds and counter holds where the purpose is to ground your opponent just like amateur wrestling and Judo/Karate (OLYMPIC SPORTS.)

On the subject of Pro Wrestlers not being athletes, lets compare our beloved wrestling 'actors' to 'athletes' in other so called sports. What's more athletic a golfer or cricketer standing around hitting a few balls with a nice rest break in between... OR two wrestlers such as Kurt Angle (former Olymic amateur wrestling gold medalist) and Brock Lesnar (former NCAA amateur wrestling champ), both men over 250lbs of pure muscle, going full pelt for half an hour throwing each around the ring and exchanging holds.

Or what about this one, what's more athletic a group of swimmers racing a few laps of a 50 meter pool/some sprinters running a 100 meters...OR 4 pro wrestling actors, Low Ki' (who's mastered numerous martial arts), Chris Daniels, Spanky (both in superb physical condition) and Doug Williams (Former British Judo Champion) putting their bodies in the ultimate cadiovascular test - a 4-way 60 minute iron match in a hot building in the summer.

Just because pro wrestlers perform promos and skits outside the ring this should not detract from their atletisism inside it. Afterall, would a sportsperson be considered less of an athlete if he appeared on a soap opera or sitcom? No. Or would Mohammed Ali be considered less of an athlete because of his staged, pro wrestling - the late Classy Freddie Blassie in particular - inspired promos/interviews. I think not!

Finally, wrestling is not to blame for backyard wrestling. Professional wrestling companies such as the WWE spend their time and money on video packages highlighting the dangers of "trying it at home" and constantly tell the fans not to imitate what they see. The blame SHOULD be placed on the moronic children themselves and their irresponsible parents and guardians who dont pay attention to what their children get up to. Being a responsible person myself I made sure to tell my younger brother that Pro wrestling was predetermined and safely staged so he doesn't go around immitating wrestling moves on friends and family under the impression that they'll get up unhurt almost immediately. This hasn't made him enjoy wrestling any less, infact, he now enjoys it more but on a different level. Of course the media ignore these points because they dont sell papers or bring in ratings the same way they ignore the fact that young people who carry guns are more likely to listen to hip hop because they like it and not that hip hop causes gun crime.

Hylen I suggest you shut up and **** off and leave us to enjoy what we want as it doesn't affect you in any way and is therefore none of your business.

Edit: Oh yeah Hylen I suggest you go spend some more of your valuable ( :lol ) time registering at the UK Fan Forum so the members their can poke even more holes in your moronic argument.

Edited by Hosgood

Very funny to see something like this on the forums. Top of the range moron badge on its way to that kid right now!

THat was by Simon who has more then 1000 posts on Talk Wrestling Online........and you guys say i have no life.

Make that 2 moron badges. With fries to go.

Like I said, who's the more sad, the fool who signs up to a wrestling forum simply to complain about people liking wrestling, or a person who uses the forums for what they are there for.

You really don't know what you're talking about, so please, do us all a favour and go away. This is talkwrestlingonline.com, not talkwhyyouthinkwrestlingisgay.com. Now be gone.

I got into watching wrestling a few years ago when they first started showing Heat on Channel 4. Some one showed me Living Dangerously 99 and I was hooked. I like wrestling cos you see people doing crazy shit. I like seeing people try to do crazy flips through tables and throw each other around. Who cares?

The second progrom to realy get me obsessed with wrestling was 'The Secrets of Pro Wrestling'. Seeing how matches worked made me apreciate the matches in a different way.

hmm thanks for making fun of me, but lemme say someother things.

If wrestling is just a form of entertainment, how come when i watch You Gotta See This (a great show a Fox) i see a whole bunch of kids doing backyard wrestling going crazy beating the crap outta each other so they can be like wrestlers. Now i know that kids copy Jackass and do some crazy shit, but jackass is real and tells people not to copy. Kids think this wrestling stuff is real and that the wrestlers are actually slamming bats into each others head. So they go out and copy it.

Also, if you dont think the same way i do, dont just call me a dumb ass. Argue your point.

DUMB ASS

Hmmmmmmm..........you are a complete fool......if you actualy took time to watch an entire programme you would no doubt come across the "DONT TRY THIS AT HOME" trailor showing several nasty injuries...thus destroying your patheticly unresearched argument....nincompoop.

Oh by the way I think its good for people like this to contribute to wrestling forums as it is an opportunity to reveal to people what they really are........f*****g retards!

Edited by mr shamrock