The Difference In Elections

TynBox

I haven't paid much attention to the processes, though I think US elections are murkier and get a lot of hype for no apparent reason. UK elections seem more reserved and less dramatic (remember the hullabaloo about the alleged Russian influence in the 2016 elections?).

I would say that one difference I notice is that the US Presidential Race has more emphasis on the "running mate" as well. In the UK, whilst the candidate is nominated, they basically go it alone. Of course, the whole process in the US is also much longer.

I would say that one difference I notice is that the US Presidential Race has more emphasis on the "running mate" as well. In the UK, whilst the candidate is nominated, they basically go it alone. Of course, the whole process in the US is also much longer.

I agree that in the US, there is a lot of emphasis on the running mate. When Joe Biden made the announcement, a lot of political analysts started paying attention to his running mate and whether or not he will bolster the Democratic's nominee chances at the ballot.