Holiday Vacation

Incredible Iron

I'm planning on spending my Christmas holiday at home. For me, no vacation spot can compare to being at home for the holidays. I don't mind traveling during non-holiday times, but during the holidays, travel for me is a no-no. It doesn't feel relaxing to me. When I was a young girl my family used to travel sometimes during the holidays, and it was all well and good, but nothing beat coming home. Spending Christmas in someone else's house was not terrible, it just wasn't home. Same thing with Thanksgiving. After eating a nice, big meal, I want to be able to relax and unwind at home.

Going somewhere to celebrate the New Year isn't so bad, but I don't have any plans to go anywhere.:):party:

• Like 1

For Christmas this year, myself, my son, and his mother will be traveling down to Texas to see my side of the family down there. One of my cousins is getting married on December 22nd, so we'll be there for that. Will see multiple aunts, uncles, cousins, my maternal grandparents.

Normally though, I'm not a big celebrator. For my son's sake, I do make sure to be involved in something but that's often as simple as seeing my mom/sister/brother in law here locally in town and that's pretty much it. And obviously, he gets presents :)

But if it weren't for him, I wouldn't celebrate Christmas or Thanksgiving at all, unless my family invite me over for it. Otherwise, I just don't particularly care.

• 1 month later...
We have spent a few Christmases and New Years in Malta, at a popular hotel on the seafront in Sliema. The hotel is fairly popular with British people at Christmas, and most people go All Inclusive. The temperature in Malta is approximately ten degrees Celsius warmer than the UK, and you can really feel the difference. It's fun to get together with other people and all enjoy Christmas dinner together. There is also a big party for New Year.
  • Like 1

I have spent a couple of Christmases in southern Spain, and really enjoyed it. The first time was at a quiet beach hotel near Benalmadena. It was nice to spend Christmas in the sunshine. We used to walk into Torremolinos and Benalmadena along the promenade, and it was really quiet and peaceful.

Another time we went to Nerja, and stayed in a similar sort of hotel. There was a lot of entertainment in the evening, and the Christmas dinner was terrific.

I would definitely go to southern Spain again for Christmas.