Pretty Little Liars: The Perfectionists

Maya

This spin-off of Pretty Little Liars is set to air in May. It has two of the original characters (played by the same actresses), Mona and Alison. Has anyone read these books before? For those of you who watched PLL, are you going to watch this series?

- Spoilers if you haven't seen PLL -

@Mr.Windham29, the actresses were Janel Parrish (Mona) and Sasha Pieterse (Alison). If you're asking which characters they were, Mona was the dark-haired frenemy of Hanna who was the first A. Alison was the "dead" girl.

@Maya, out of curiosity, I'll probably watch the pilot just to see what they're doing with Mona and Alison. I doubt I'll watch the whole thing though.

@AlexMack, I think that's probably what I will end up doing as well. I don't think I could go through Pretty Little Liars all over again. I'll admit that one of the reasons I'm intrigued by is out of curiosity about Emily and Alison's relationship. I wonder if Emily is out of the picture since Shay Mitchell isn't a cast member.

I don't think I could go through Pretty Little Liars all over again.

This is exactly why I won't be watching The Perfectionists. Marlene King and I don't have the best relationship after seasons 6B and 7. I don't think I could go through all of her nonsense again. Honestly I think I'll be shocked if this gets picked up for more than 2 seasons.

@IdesOfMarch, Marlene and I don't have a great relationship either but she knows how to pull me back in. I just watched the trailer for the first time and I'm all about Mona and Ali in it. Everything else in the trailer is super vague. They know their selling point. If the show relies just as heavily on them then I think I'm with you about it not being around for too long.

I'd never seen the trailer, @Maya, but that looks like they're trying to do some kind of mashup of PLL and Riverdale. I'd rather just watch Riverdale. You're right about it looking like they're relying very heavily on Mona and Ali. I sort of feel bad for them. They were easily the best actresses on that show. They deserve better than this.

The "Up Next" video for me was "Top 10 Pretty Little Liars Plot Holes You Didn't Notice." I had to watch it. Videos like that are hilarious. Anyone who watched that show knows those plot holes. For example, the first is, "Wait, where did Cece get the money?"