WWE RAW Discussion Thread - April 3, 2017 from Orlando, FL (#1245)

TPIB

raw-logo-0716-700.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, April 3, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, April 4, at 1AM on Sky Sports 5

Venue

Amway Center in Orlando, FL

Confirmed Matches/Events

WrestleMania Fallout

They aren't turning Roman heel, Vince just won't do it.

In his mind Roman has got the rub from Taker and now he is golden for the rest of his career. As soon as Cena went face Vince has never turned him, despite there being golden opportunities to do. This is a clear and wonderful opportunity to turn Roman and embrace those boo's and turn them back at the crowd but Vince is just too out of touch to see it or do it.

I don't think fans at this stage hate Roman - they hate the writing and booking given to him to work with and the fact that people are cramming him down our throats. Like Cena, the hardcore may boo him but he still sells merch, kids still love him, he is like the 3rd highest merch seller they have believe it or not. But I fear that soon, he will end up with the dreaded X-Pac heat.

Oh when Roman came out it was brutal. Like five minutes of solid and total verbal burying by that crowd. Roman stood there and took it all but looked so uncomfortable doing so.

Thing is I don't know if that was a heel turn or not - I'd say not.

We got no Shinsuke, but we did get the Revival and a returning Finn. That was nice.

I love the fact they now seem to always have to make an effort to explain to the audience watching at home that this crowd isn't the normal crowd so to expect (ignore?) the crazy crowd reactions through the night.

The Revival got a great pop but I'm not sure how over they'll be a few weeks down the line. We've seen how good they can be in NXT but I have to admit I worry for them on the main roster.

I felt sorry for Roman at the start! I really can't see them turning him heel, they play up on the mixed reaction when Cena gets it, they'll do the same for Reigns.

Roman stood there and took it all but looked so uncomfortable doing so.
I completely disagree. Roman was in complete control of that crowd (maybe not the content of the chants; I'm sure PG-rated shows aren't meant to have repeated f-bombs by 10,000+ people on a loop), smirking his Samoan arse off, then capped it off with a five-word promo that said EVERYTHING.

I love the fact they now seem to always have to make an effort to explain to the audience watching at home that this crowd isn't the normal crowd so to expect (ignore?) the crazy crowd reactions through the night.

I felt sorry for Roman at the start! I really can't see them turning him heel, they play up on the mixed reaction when Cena gets it, they'll do the same for Reigns.

In reality, it's a way to call the fans stupid and it's back to business the week after. "Just don't mind them this week, it'll be OK next week". Just this time it was coming out Corey Graves' mouth and not from JBL's disgusting self.

Agree with Reigns, as long as he's getting reactions, they'll ride the wave and keep pushing Reigns like before. It's better than no reaction, that's what they don't want.