WWE Survivor Series 2016 Discussion Thread - November 20, 2016 from Toronto, Canada (#30)

TPIB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that would mean that they actually had a plan with Lesnar other then 'we are paying him a f**k tonne, lets book him to win' which seems to have been the plan from the WM streak kill onward.

Actually no, the plan was to give the rub to Roman but then we all pooped on it and Vince had to kill off that plan and go with the Seth cash in and they had no plan B for Lesnar after that other to put him in matches pretty much with people that don't matter story line wise and have him throw a load of suplexes because we all cheered for them and they thought that stuff was over...

But it's not over really, we cheered it when it was done to Roman and Cena because we dislike them... then we got bored when it was done to people we do like in the case of Bray, Seth and Ambrose...

So now they have killed Suplex City

To be honest, everything that has happened has one common factor... us, the fans. Every time they came up with a plan of what to do with Lesnar, some kind of interaction or behavior that the majority of the fans incited caused a reaction from the WWE. Until Mania 32 that is when we wanted Ambrose to win but Lesnar refused to put him over or do a long hardcore match because he didn't want to risk injury before his UFC comeback.

That was the point to do the job and pay it forward from Taker to a new star. We wouldn't let them do it with Reigns but we where okay with Ambrose and then Lesnar pooped on it. That is now how we are here.

Now the rumor is that Goldberg was injured coming in and that might explain the shortness of the match. This could well be also Lesnar's last match with the company after the whole failing of drug tests, squishing Orton's head and fighting Chris Jericho Summer of Madness. Also it is quite clear that Lesnar cares less then usual right now so maybe this was his and the WWE parting the ways because unless he put Kevin Owens or whoever is the Universal Champion over then he was done match wise anyway.

Now story line wise the only way for this to make sense if for Goldberg to try and get an opportunity to win a big belt at Mania and put someone over, get a fat wad of money and maybe the rub will pass on then... except we all know that Goldberg can be beaten by a tazer, Bret Hart wearing a steel plate under his shirt, a limo window, Lex Luger and Buff Bagwell working together, Kane and HHH, low blows and of course... Vince Russo's booking. So is it really a decent level of rub given he is ancient and a relic of a by gone age where as Lesnar was... well Brock f**kin' Lesnar.

That main event was perfect. It wasn't a Meltzer snowflake 20 minute chopfest, its was a simple story of Brock Lesnar fucking up, underestimating a beast of a man and paying the price. It was the WWE version of McGregor vs Aldo, 1 mistake and it all fucked up.

For the first time in years I'm interested in Brock again. He's been shown to have flaws and will get craped on by the roster, which will mean more Brock mauling mid carders to try to become a beast and get his aura back.

• Like 2

I don't know the explanation behind Goldberg squashing Lesnar in less than two minutes, I know I am very confused by it and I'm hoping for some sort of behind-the-scenes explanation soon. I'm surprised that Brock agreed to lose to Goldberg like that so something seems off here.

Also, it's being reported that Goldberg has signed a new WWE deal and is expected to appear at the Rumble.

I don't know the explanation behind Goldberg squashing Lesnar in less than two minutes, I know I am very confused by it and I'm hoping for some sort of behind-the-scenes explanation soon. I'm surprised that Brock agreed to lose to Goldberg like that so something seems off here.

Also, it's being reported that Goldberg has signed a new WWE deal and is expected to appear at the Rumble.

You've just answered your own question: Goldberg is sticking around, so they have a rematch. Brock getting squashed by Goldberg hurts less than just losing a regular long match, he can claim fluke and it also adds intrigue to a rematch. Seems pretty obvious whats going on here...

Also lets be honest, no one wanted a 10 to 20 minute long match between the two of them. Having them fight in short and sharp matches may well be the may to go because no one and I mean no one wants a long match between the two - Goldberg in his prime wasn't built for it so we all know he isn't now.

Better to do this I suppose, have people talking about it and interested in what is going on then having a 20 minute long suplex dirge and all of us hating it and s**ting on it.

That main event was perfect. It wasn't a Meltzer snowflake 20 minute chopfest, its was a simple story of Brock Lesnar fucking up, underestimating a beast of a man and paying the price. It was the WWE version of McGregor vs Aldo, 1 mistake and it all fucked up.

For the first time in years I'm interested in Brock again. He's been shown to have flaws and will get craped on by the roster, which will mean more Brock mauling mid carders to try to become a beast and get his aura back.

This. All of this.

Brock has become vulnerable again, after getting a little bit stale in the last couple of matches.

I honestly thought it was beautiful that it was 2 massive shots to the gut that took Brock out. Anyone who follows Brock from UFC knows about his Diverticulitis problem, and some also know about Overeem pounding Brock's stomach in to beat him.

WWE could pitch this as Paul said. Brock f*cked up, took a big hit in a weak area. And then took another one which killed him off (especially with how Brock sold the spears, not so much the actual bump, but the playing hurt afterwards). The Jackhammer was just the icing at that point.

Now the entire roster knows Brock has a weak spot, and I'd love to see his next opponent exploit that.

It's the equivalent of spending ages on a boss fight in a video game, and then finally figuring out the key to beating it.

Personally, I love it, but depending on how the story is told going forwards, they could well ruin something that could be genuinely interesting otherwise.

I enjoyed the main-event for both the shock value and WCW Goldberg finally showing up.

I'm also loving the irony in people complaining online about Brock Lesnar's loss because it could have gone to an up-and-comer, while citing Brock's defeat of Undertaker at 'Mania as one of the accomplishments to bolster said up-and-comer's victory.

Enjoyed survivor series and agree with most about the main event finish. its exactly what should have done and instead of a 20 min potential bad match with Goldberg untested in the ring for that long, we got a short and sweet match where the Beast has become human and what will happen afterwards.