Big NXT news!!!

BRM

Was live in attendance - atmosphere was absolutely unreal. No one expected the title change.

As far as why, the most likely answer is that he's heading up to the main roster. Having him lose it now and not at Takeover Dallas seems to be: 1) The "Demon" Balor is still undefeated when going to the main roster, and 2) He's now the longest reigning NXT champion of all-time, which he wouldn't have crossed if he lost in Dallas.

There's also the added effect of being able to say "look, anything can happen at live events! They matter!" That's certainly not the core reason, but I'm sure it was at least discussed.

It'll be interesting to see where they go, I'm presuming they're ready to film more TV in the next few days so a immediate rematch is likely.

From there on though, you would think that he's getting a call up very soon.

Gallows and Andersen have come in and gotten a very positive reaction. Maybe it's something to do with that.

Fantastic - Joe's worked his ass off and Balor could well have the callup...and hopefully make an impact that doesn't result in him being lost in the shuffle, although I have a feeling he may not be. Personally, wouldn't mind him debut'ing in demon colors, but given that the Balor Club is a thing, I have a feeling we may see A WHOLE less of the demon if he heads to Raw, to keep that as a backup 'goto' gimmick for when/if the balor club ever dissipates entirely in future.

Joe's turnaround from fat-guy-who-used-to-have-a-dick-tattoo-on-his-face in TNA to what he is now is amazing. He's in amazingly good shape, has his sharpness back from the 2005 glory days and is the Samoa Joe we had, but TNA all but destroyed.

I'd say what made Joe was his run in RoH and his World Title reign there to be honest, that was Joe at his peak. Then his early TNA run was excellent but for some reason Jarrett wouldn't drop the belt to him and then there was the whole feud with Angle that petered out with Angle getting the nod and all of the gold.

From there, like any wrestler with an undefeated streak gimmick or as a monster as Joe was also painted, it started to go down hill. When TNA didn't pull the trigger and make him THE guy and kept on going with Angle, Sting and then Jeff Hardy ahead of him instead of having him on the same level, well he just peter'd out and you could see his own motivation dwindled as well.

Give it rest DC! TNA help made him to be fair also lol for blaming TNA for Joe being lazy.

FYI - this is not Joe at his peak (by far), he's OK in NXT.

No, RoH made him, TNA wasted and demoralised him, at which point he stopped giving a shit. He wasn't being lazy, he just realised that putting in 5 times the work when you're never going to be rewarded for it, is fucking dumb. Given some hope for progression, he's suddenly motivated again. Wow, what a shocker....

He can be comedy gold, I fear WWE creative will ruin him but hopefully he'll make it through.
Wrong thread, but since you're here; have you been keeping up with Crazzy Steve? I'm loving the current character's work.

I've only checked out one episode of TNA in the last 6 months or so, and I don't believe the Decay were on it for more than a brief vignette. I'll have to check him out though; my opinions on him weren't too strong one way or another from the little I've seen online, clips and such.

I've only checked out one episode of TNA in the last 6 months or so, and I don't believe the Decay were on it for more than a brief vignette. I'll have to check him out though; my opinions on him weren't too strong one way or another from the little I've seen online, clips and such.