Bye bye Jose

King

Bad decision. Can only sack if there is a better option out there. I cant see that there is. Guus Hiddink apparently the man to come in until the end of the season. I would have waited until the end of the season to make the change, a mid season sacking of a legend isnt how I would do business.

Going forward I would move heaven and earth to get Diego Simione in the summer, and get him to bring Antione Griezman with him.

Would be funny as fuck if Jose ended up at United and won the league with them.

Last time he was let go by Chelsea he had a no compete clause for the remainder of the season. I'd expect something similar this time. So talk of him turning up at Old Trafford or the Liberty Stadium is probably a tad premature just yet.

I can see him at Old Trafford next season though, I can also see him at PSG or maybe he'll fancy a run at the World Cup with Ronaldo and Portugal. The guys not going to be short of suitors after all.

PSG would probably be the one I could most likely see him at. With Pep leaving Bayern I would have said them, but they seem set to bring Carlo Ancelotti in, so that would seem like a non starter. The top four or five managers in the world just merry go round the same few clubs.

So yeah, I expect him to do nothing until the summer, and then end up in Paris. I would absolutely love him to go to United, just because I think the Premier League is a better place with Jose Mourinho in it, but I think France is the more likelier option.

The Portugese National team isn't a bad shout but I've got a feeling he will want to leave that until near the end of his career so might wait a few years yet.

The Bayern job is a interesting one. Do you think he would fancy following Pep?

If he doesn't quite hit the heights that Guardiola has hit in Munich that could be quite damaging not for us looking in but for himself. The Manchester United job or PSG is a much safer option for him in my opinion.

Meanwhile it looks as if Guus Hiddink is in London for talks to replace Mourinho on a interim basis. His CV since last being at Chelsea is not exactly inspiring. Failure in Turkey, failure in Russia and failure back in Holland. A safe appointment that's going to steer them away from there current position no doubt. Other than that though? Do you give him money in January for what's going to be a 6 month tenure when whoever takes over in the Summer is going to have completely different ideas?

Edited by BRM

I agree I think it would a dangerous move to follow Pep, but I suspect his style might suit the Bundesliga so he might fancy it. Pep, for all he has won at Bayern, has never quite hit the Barca heights and he's never quite has the unconditional love from the fans he had when in Spain, so I wonder if Jose might be tempted to go in there to try and prove he could so what Pep couldn't, mainly win the Champions League. Think the point is moot though because Ancelotti will end up there.

And you're point on Hiddink is right, and exactly why I wouldn't have replaced Mourinho. His record is uninspiring, and he's a temporary appointment so why bother making the switch just to change again in the summer. Was Jose going to get them relegated? Lets be honest, no. And was he going to get into the top four? Probably not. But as those questions about Hiddink and the answers are the same, so you'd be as well giving Jose the season and then do the proper change in the summer.

Basically it isn't going to make any real difference either way, so the change (and massive compensation fee while we're at it) is pointless.

Of course Bayern and PSG offer him the chance to win leagues that he's not yet won. Something that you suspect appeals to him with that added incentive that clubs on the continent appear to be a step ahead of those in England in European competition right now.

A move to PSG would depend on Blanc moving on of course. So in turn if LVG does make way at the end of the season could we see the Frenchman make a return to Manchester?

Could be a big merry go round for sure. All hinging on Van Gaal's future at United. But with a guy like Jose, and I guess Pep although I expect to see him at City, now on the free market, he's got to be a little bit more concerned for his job than he was a month ago.

a mid season sacking of a legend isnt how I would do business.
It's a mid-season sacking of a legend who (this year) has them hovering around the relegation zone with seemingly nothing constructive to offer in relation to getting them out of there.

Add in that to the "attacks" on the Chelsea players and reputation can only take you so far.

Edited by DC

Ballague is saying he wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to real next season.

Can't say I'm not surprised he's gone. But I'm not a fan of interim coaches. When you're the champs and your form is THAT bad you're in a relegation battle then something seriously has went wrong. Final nail was likely when he put all of his players under the bus by saying they betrayed him.

The scary thing is jose to man u may very well happen. There's going to a be a lot of big manager movements in summer and with man u, city, real, Chelsea and bayern all likely looking for new coaches it could very well be unpredictable. I can't see any changes in PSG if blanc wins them the league in the form they are in. Simeone does want to manage in Italy and England but question is how do Chelsea attract him with the reported toxic dressing room and the fact most managers don't last 2 seasons under roman.

But 100% agree with @Magic on griezmann. I've said this ever since he was at my beloved real sociedad that he will be the next breakout footballer. Creative. Pacey and always focused.