Lana in hot water with WWE?

Kam

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

LANA FIRES SHOTS AT WWE ON TWITTER

- Lana fired a shot at WWE on Twitter as she continues to walk on a fine line due to her personal relationship with Rusev and what is expected of her as an on-screen character. "No human being will tell me who to love. It's my choice & my life & I am proud to live with my consequences,” she wrote on Twitter. She later wrote another message saying, “Courage is doing what is right regardless of circumstances or consequences.” Lana is not the most popular person in the locker room at the moment, especially among creative and management due to her attitude and due to the way she revealed to the world that she was engaged to Rusev in the middle of a storyline where they were supposed to be enemies. There are rumors that she and Rusev were not aware that Ryback was going to tell everyone that he heard she “went all the way” with Dolph Ziggler on Raw.

I can see why WWE might be pissed considering the amount of airtime they gave to the Dolph/Lana storyline.

I don't know what's going on in Lana's head, but whatever it is, it's clear that she does not value her job in WWE. It seems to me that she's either trying to get fired or she simply doesn't care about getting fired. Either way, I'm a bit surprised that WWE even bothered bringing her back to television. Maybe they think she's easier to keep under control if she's on the road rather than sitting at home with nothing but time on her hands.

I also don't see her remaining in WWE past 2016. Either she's going to request her release or they're going to release her. Considering her and Rusev are a real life couple, you would think that she would want to be by his side on the road instead of taking her chances elsewhere or just retiring from the business altogether. Unless, of course, Rusev is planning on leaving with her if she does get fired, but while Lana seems fine with getting fired, Rusev seems to be behaving himself and trying to keep his job.

Maybe she's getting offers from elsewhere, maybe it's a work to see the audience reaction to someone being against the company but using someone it doesn't really matter if they don't push. If they wanted to test to see if they could turn Roman from being the WWE lackey boy to instead being the guy questioning the business, maybe. I guess we won't know until she either leaves or gets repackaged.

She had a bit of a tit for tat with Paige on twitter the other week too. When i first saw it my first reaction was work due to referencing Paige's match with Charlotte at Survivor Series. But it eventually got to the point where Lana accused Paige of bullying her when they were both down in NXT. I'm not 100% sure of Paiges standing right now, i know she's in the Divas title scene but there were rumors that she had a bit of heat backstage a few months back that resulted in her losing clean against Natalya if memory serves me correct.

Archived