Top Gear returns in May

King

I'm not holding up much hope for this to be honest,

New Top gear has confirmed that BBC motoring show Top Gear will be back on screens on May 8 next year. He also said filming on the new series has already begun but would not reveal who his co-presenters are, although Stig will be back.

49-year-old Evans took over the show earlier this year following Jeremy Clarkson's departure from the BBC over an altercation with Top Gear producer while filming scenes for the show.

Speaking on BBC1’s Saturday Kitchen, Evans said the first episode of the new series would air just three days after filming was complete.

“We’re going to America to make our first inter-continental in January,” Evans added. There will be 16 episodes when the new incarnation of Top Gear is broadcast on BBC2 next year.

Meanwhile, Clarkson's Top Gear years are to feature in a BBC special. He and his co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May have signed a deal for a new Amazon Prime motor show with a reported budget of £160m.

Can you imagine any commercial station commissioning a program where this many people were publicly saying they wouldn't watch it this far before it even started?

"I dunno, 'I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of Auschwitz' seems to be getting some pretty bad press guys.."

"Nah, don't worry I'm sure loads of people will watch, after all the watched the other show didn't they."

"You're probably right Nathan, lets take another line off the Peruvian dwarf's buttock."

• Like 1

They're not going to cancel it on the basis of a series of bad ratings. Top Gear is far bigger than that, if it fails it'll undergo another revamp.

I'm not a fan of Chris Evans myself and the fact that he's decided to present it by himself is a huge concern of mine. However lets not forget his show on Radio 2 is extremely popular its got by far the most listeners of any radio show in the UK . so he does have his fan base which he'll probably be able to rely on.

I'd also address the fact that the 3 former presenters of the show had become incredibly tired on the show. Clarkson was maybe somewhat tolerable but the other 2 were damn right awful, Hammond especially was down right cringe worthy. The 3 of them always tred a fine line when it came to taste but the "Slopes" comment on the Burma special should of seen them fired there and then. No one else at the BBC would of been able to get away with that.

• 3 weeks later...

German racing driver Sabine Schmitz and motoring journalist Chris Harris are said to have been chosen to join the revamped BBC motoring show.

David Coulthard, the former Formula One star, has also been appointed to the new-look presenter panel, according to The Sun.

It comes after Top Gear - which is rebranding after former hosts Jeremy Clarkson, James May and Richard Hammond left earlier this year - was hit by two backroom departures.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
What did everyone think then??

Words that spring to mind

Mhe

pedestrian

stupid games (specifically the "who had the better xyz car" bullshit in the star in a rallycross car segment). Stupid games and "zany idiocy" are pretty much Evans go to thing on TV, to disguise his utter lack of screen charisma (seriously, he's worse than Chris Moyles when it comes to TV). It's annoying because he's not like that on the radio.

In all honesty, Matt Leblanc was the best thing about it, he's the only one with any real screen charisma, he clearly digs cars and is up for it. That bullshit sat in the roofless 3 wheeler for hours would have had me calling time on the whole thing. Fuck that noise.

• 1 month later...