NXT: Solomon Crowe asks for release

Kam

From the Wrestling-Online Newsletter:

NXT STAR SOLOMON CROWE DEPARTS THE COMPANY

- NXT star Sam Johnston, better known to wrestling fans as Solomon Crowe, has departed the company after he asked for his release. Crowe signed a developmental deal with WWE back in mid 2013 and later that year he debuted his hacker gimmick although he never made it on television until January 2015. At the end of August 2015, he was joined by Seth Rollins’ girlfriend Zahra Schreiber who played the character of his younger sister. Prior to joining WWE, Crowe was known on the indy circuit as Sami Callihan and wrestled for Combat Zone Wrestling, Pro Wrestling Guerrilla, Ring of Honor, and other promotions.

I had a feeling you'd use this rather than actually make your own point. Now, the guy in the video has some good points but all those points relate to how poorly talent is used when they get pushed to the main roster which has fuck all to do with NXT and especially not as to why someone on the NXT roster doesn't get pushed at all.

His second argument that somehow because NXT is successful it's failing the talent because they got over in NXT but AGAIN they fail when handled badly by the main roster. That somehow giving them limited TV time in NXT means that they are destined to fail when they get onto the main roster.... all that after pointing out there have been just as many success stories from NXT as flops AND that it still has nothing whatsoever to do with Crowe asking/getting released. TV time doesn't ruin characters/wrestlers unless they don't really have it. Bad booking kills characters/wrestlers but not once in that video is NXT's booking put into question, completely the opposite in fact.

He talks as if FCW was a massive star making facility that constantly churned out talent after talent that have lit the world up. It didn't, they did exactly the same thing where they flung shit at the wall and waited to see what stuck. For every Brock Lesnar there was a Manu. For every John Cena there's am Eric Escobar.

Wrestlers fail all the time. Sometimes a guy with workrate can't ever pull off the level of characterisation that a full blown TV production demands. Sometimes Solomon Crowe debuts with a great gimmick and then rep3eatedly fails to make an impact. But he was given the best stage to do that on by a long shot.

We should compare all the other developmental systems in place in pro-wrestling today and compare... You mean that there aren't any? Your fucking lying....

I guess it proves nxt isn't always the place to develop
I guarantee you that Crowe developed his wrestling skills / knowledge / etc while with NXT (especially as it relates to wrestling for TV as opposed to wrestling for just a live audience - there is a difference), so your point is not valid.

I had a feeling you'd use this rather than actually make your own point. Now, the guy in the video has some good points but all those points relate to how poorly talent is used when they get pushed to the main roster which has fuck all to do with NXT and especially not as to why someone on the NXT roster doesn't get pushed at all.

His second argument that somehow because NXT is successful it's failing the talent because they got over in NXT but AGAIN they fail when handled badly by the main roster. That somehow giving them limited TV time in NXT means that they are destined to fail when they get onto the main roster.... all that after pointing out there have been just as many success stories from NXT as flops AND that it still has nothing whatsoever to do with Crowe asking/getting released. TV time doesn't ruin characters/wrestlers unless they don't really have it. Bad booking kills characters/wrestlers but not once in that video is NXT's booking put into question, completely the opposite in fact.

He talks as if FCW was a massive star making facility that constantly churned out talent after talent that have lit the world up. It didn't, they did exactly the same thing where they flung shit at the wall and waited to see what stuck. For every Brock Lesnar there was a Manu. For every John Cena there's am Eric Escobar.

Wrestlers fail all the time. Sometimes a guy with workrate can't ever pull off the level of characterisation that a full blown TV production demands. Sometimes Solomon Crowe debuts with a great gimmick and then rep3eatedly fails to make an impact. But he was given the best stage to do that on by a long shot.

We should compare all the other developmental systems in place in pro-wrestling today and compare... You mean that there aren't any? Your fucking lying....

I thought you might prefer to watch a video than put up with a page full of bad spelling and grammar :p

I mean, I appreciate that side of things to be honest. I just find that video to be the attempt at someone to be controversial for the sake of it due to how weak his argument is.The most genuine criticism of NXT should be that it encourages WWE to drop talent without the chance of rebranding them, if you fail at NXT then you generally go without a second chance. I think Adam Rose is the only re-package I can think of for someone IN NXT at the time, obviously The Shield were a repackage after NXT.

I think Adam Rose is the only re-package I can think of for someone IN NXT at the time, obviously The Shield were a repackage after NXT.
Jason Jordan, Tye Dillinger, Elias Samson, Baron Corbin, Aiden English, Marcus Louis and Angelo Dawkins all got repackaged to varying degrees (and varying degrees of success) while in NXT.