Greatest Ever Rugby Teams.

Laffy

I thought following on from the football best XI we would have a couple of best xv teams but as not many people watch rugby I would combine the five threads into one. Questions are as follows.

1. Best ever world cup 15.
  2. Best players of 2015 World Cup
  3. Best ever 5/6 nation players.
  4. Best ever Tri nations/rugby championship Players.
  5. Best British Lions team

It could be because of their skill, long gevity, flair or outstanding defence.

15. Serge Blanco - Quite possibly one of the greatest rugby players ever his ability to turn defence into attack and produce thre of the best tries ever seen in rugby starting from behind his line singled this player out for greatness.

14. David Campese - One of the best maverick superstars you never knew what he would do next from the side step to the goose step from flying down the wing to breaking down players by skil, strength grace and just flat out skill. No one has come close to lighting up a stadium like Campo did.

13. Phillipe Sella - Silky smooth, fast running, demon in defence and one of the greatest attack minded centres his partnership with Blanco was legendary simply put poetry in motion.

12. Tim Horan - what can you say he was the glue that got things going, the fox to start an attack, the mini monster in defence and the speed quick of thought and side step.

11. Jonah Lomu - What can you possibly say about this man, his transformed rugby bringing a brand of rugby never seen before. His rampaging style was electrifying.

10. Johnny Wilkinson - There are other people that could be in the catagory, Dan Carter and Lynah for example but I just love Johnny, his defence attack is not showy but just there in the background his willingness to join up with his team mates just to provide a link is second to none and is kicking is just phenomenal.

9. Joost van der Westhuizen - He could change a game in a blink of an eye, could spot a try line with 10 m to go and was the opportune poacher.

8. Zinzane Brook - Could drop a goal, kick run and step off both feet and loved a scum simply one of the best.

7. Richie McCaw - The most outstanding modern day player, strength, determination and ability to cheat but get away with it are just a few of his talents.

6. David Pocock - Strength in the break down and tackle always gives 100% and works tirelessly for his team.

5. Alun Wyn Jones - just outstanding modern day palyer, strength,of character a born leader exceptional.

4. Martin Johnson - I personally hate him as he is that damn good, outstanding in the lineout and an exceptional leader always leading from the front.

3. Os Du Randt - A two time world cup winner his skill and long gevity is amazing making his début as a young kid in 1995 and then retiring in 2007. His skill in the scrum and damage he could do in the loose was amazing.

2. Sean Fitzpatrick. The best hooker i know, master leader, never putting a foot wrong, his throws to the lineout were exemplary.

1. Jason Leonard - A great bloke, winning over 100 caps could control a scrum and lead lererally from the front foot never taking a step backwards.

I based most of these on the best ever world cup about to do one for the 6 nations which will have those in and other Irish players like Keith Wood and John Hayes.

Also really looking forward to doing British Lions List will do tonight when not at work

Archived