WWE Survivor Series 2015 Discussion Thread - November 22, 2015 from Atlanta, GA (#29)

TPIB

The 29th annual WWE Survivor Series will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on November 22 from the Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA.

The official theme song for Survivor Series is "Warrior" by Imagine Dragons off of their newest album, Smoke and MIrrors, which is available now on Spotify and iTunes.

wwe-survivor-series-2015-poster.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

Finals of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Semi-Finals:

Roman Reigns vs. Alberto Del Rio

WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament: Semi-Finals:

Dean Ambrose vs. Kevin Owens

The Undertaker & Kane vs. Two Members of The Wyatt Family

Divas Championship:

Charlotte © vs. Paige

Dolph Ziggler vs. Tyler Breeze

Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match

http://i.imgur.com/k3hOHJ4.jpg?1

Edited by Kam

This should be the first PPV in a while that isn't headlined by a part-time star, Battleground - Lesnar, SummerSlam - Lesnar & Undertaker, Night of Champions - Sting, Hell in a cell - Lesnar & Undertaker.

Cena will also be missing, Orton will probably be missing too (shoulder injury, the severity is unclear). Sting is presumably unavailable. Undertaker and Lesnar are said to be finished till next year. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

They still are teasing Seth vs. Triple H but that seems to be a program for the future. If they still want to do this story of Roman being on the verge of winning the title and getting screwed out of it until next year's WrestleMania, maybe they'll do Seth vs. Roman and have Sheamus cash-in during the match and pin Seth. You could do a 3-way at TLC, Roman isn't involved on the finish (Seth pins Sheamus or vice versa), then Brock wins the title at the Royal Rumble and Roman wins the Rumble.

I mean it's the wrong plan but very possible.

• 3 weeks later...

WWE.com has some unreleased Survivor Series posters that, in my opinion, are quite awesome. I put my favorite one in the main part of this thread. Here is the link if you want to check out the other ones (I was going to post them all here, but figured that would be frowned upon): http://www.wwe.com/shows/survivorseries/unreleased-survivor-series-2015-poster-art

The Semi-Finals and Finals of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship Tournament will take place at Survivor Series and the "final four" have been set as Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Alberto Del Rio, & Dean Ambrose will compete at the event. The two Semi-Final matches will see Roman face Del Rio and Ambrose face Owens.

Also, WWE.com has announced that there will be a Traditional 5-on-5 Survivor Series Elimination Tag Match at the event, though they haven't announced any participants yet. I expect The New Day and The Usos to be involved somehow.

Edited by TPIB

This card looks the utter shits to be fair.

I cannot disagree with that at all. I wish they would have put more effort into this tournament. With that said, I think the card would have been a lot worse off if it was headlined by Rollins vs. Reigns as originally planned.

Looking at that card it seems they are going with the predicted Ambrose v Reigns final match with someone going to turn. The belief in many corners of the internet that is going to be Roman I feel will lead to a swerve by the WWE and have them go with an Ambrose turn...

It just feels too soon for an Owens win, even with the Authority helping him and too soon and too much for them to give it to Del Rio either.

Creative phoning it in? Shocker.

I don't understand people getting upset with the less-than-stellar booking of a tournament they literally had a few days notice for and probably had to rip up the entire creative they had leading into Survivor Series because of Seth's injury.

True but there was no strong mid-card storylines really that could be used to give the tournament matches more build in the first place.

Not only that, but the last time this happened, at the Deadly Game tournament for Survivor Series '98 they had all of the matches on that one night, giving it a more epic feeling and allowing more time for the matches and the chief protagonists involved to be built up.

They could feasibly had the matches in the tournament and still fit in Ziggler v Breeze, New Day v whoever and Paige v Charlotte but the fact that they called their shot and made this about Taker's 25th anniversary has meant they have had less time on the card to utilise as well as overshadowing the tournament for their main title.

I have just looked and filled out my predictions on 4down and the card just looks terrible. Brothers of Destruction vs mystery partner x2 (I know it will be 2 members of the Wyatts but still)

The traditional SS match is the worst. It literally said Team good guys vs Team bad guys. Impossible to predict as we have zero clue who is going to be in each team. Uso's, Ryback and Luchas vs New Day, Barrett and someone else? I dont care about that match. This is the match which has made SS the show it is. I appreciate Seth's injury has screwed everything up but this is where planning comes in. There has been no build for anything outside of Taker 25 years and the title tourney. R-Truth on smackdown made me laugh though.

Well, the 5-on-5 match will have Ryback and New Day in it. That's a pretty safe assumption to make. I expect Sheamus & Barrett to be put on New Day's team to face Ryback, The Lucha Dragons, & The Usos (or possibly The Dudley Boyz). Does it make any sense? Not really, but WWE has a history of throwing random 5-on-5 matches together.

I read somewhere that WWE was originally planning on having a Divas 5-on-5 match at Survivor Series as well, but decided to scrap it to put more focus on the Charlotte/Paige match.

This title tournament has really derailed a few of WWE's feuds. Remember that Del Rio/Swagger feud? They also put the Dolph/Breeze feud on hold until both of them were eliminated from the tournament (why they didn't have them cost the other the title is beyond me). However, what I don't get is why WWE just seemingly forgot about any sort of feud for The New Day. Somewhere between the RAW after Hell in a Cell and now, WWE completely forgot about what seemed to be a forthcoming title match between The Usos and The New Day.

WWE may be promoting it hard, but The Undertaker's actual match at Survivor Series does not feel like an appropriate celebration for his 25th anniversary. It seems like a one-on-one encounter (or even a 5-on-5 match like he debuted in) would be more appropriate.

This card makes me wonder what would have been on the card had Rollins not gotten injured. Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not sure that the card would have been any better with Rollins vs. Reigns in the main event as originally planned.

I would love to see WWE pull something surprising like Ambrose turning heel and joining The Authority (much like Survivor Series '98 with The Rock turning heel), but I fear that WWE will stay the course and have Reigns win the title. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Sheamus cash-in, but would Sheamus winning the title be any better than Roman winning it?

Edited by TPIB

Not only that, but the last time this happened, at the Deadly Game tournament for Survivor Series '98 they had all of the matches on that one night, giving it a more epic feeling and allowing more time for the matches and the chief protagonists involved to be built up.
The matches, for the most part, in that tournament were terrible, with only the final being any good.

They haven't aged well no, but the intrigue and drama going into that tournament was off the charts.

You had the Rock, the Peoples Champion who'd been pissing off the Corporation, Mankind the supposed Corporate champion, Austin the former champ who had been screwed out of his title and who the McMahon's wanted to stop at any costs, Kane and Undertaker who where once standing together but had been ripped apart by their thirst for the title....

Nearly everyone had a reason for being there on top of it being about who would be the next champion. Plus we had Man's Man William Regal.

@King called it in the Rollins injured thread.... Sheamus cashed in and the crowd went.... dead.

Seriously, aside from the Owens v Ambrose match they sounded like they sat on their hands all night bar the odd pop at a big spot. They reacted to Reigns originally winning with apathy, which is a step up from the outright hatred that followed his Rumble win not what you want for the man destined to be the face of your company.

Still, at least it means we don't get what the advert for TLC originally sorta hinted at - Reigns v Kane v Big Show - well actually we might, just now it won't be the main event and for the title.

• Like 1

It's such a shame that they had Reigns win for the cash in. Had they simply gone with Ambrose it would have taken all the heat off of Reigns and meant if they tagged Roman with Ambrose for the beginning part of what would be the Sheamus/Ambrose feud they could have ultimately substituted Reigns in after taking Ambrose out of the running.

Now we know we;re faced with a build of Sheamus V Reigns in the battle of who the audience could care less about about. All we need now is Orton back in the mix and we can officially start calling this the Era of Meh.