Man Utd Vs Man City

King

Tight as anything so far, no real clear opening to either side and needling little challenges here and there. Have to say though for me City have made a mistake in playing De Bryune out on the right and not in the middle with Navas operating with pace.

If you know United are going to try and keep ball, if you know they don't have the quickest side in the world then hit them with pace on the break using Yaya deep, De Bryune in the middle and Bony as a target with Sterling and Navas pivoting off them. Its like City have come to Old Trafford scared to lose when on paper, they have the better side, the better form and have won 8 out of the last 11 derbies as well.

Not them I'm complaining. The way it is though, a mistake, a sending off or a set piece is deciding this game.

Well in the end it finished 0-0 although United had the best two chances with Linegard hitting the bar after coming on for Mata and Smalling forcing a decent save from Hart at the end.

City's danger men where snuffed out well today, De Bryune and Sterling being kept really quiet and Navas was even brought on for Sterling quite early on in the second half. Yaya too was kept at bay quite easily as well where as Martial looked dangerous every time he got the ball but lacked support at times because Rooney was coming deep to try and win the ball and knock it on.

A draw was probably a fair result given the excellent defending on display by both sides but for me, even in that draw, United looked the better side of the two.

Archived