The Dolph/Lana/Rusev/Summer angle

Evil Gringo

They haven't done a good job of explaining why Lana in kayfabe land has ditched Dolph though - knowing the writers this could end up messy.

Even with it all over TMZ, they still didn't address it properly from Dolph's end, not helped of course by the fact Lana is still off TV due to the injury she is recuperating from. Summer showed off the pics and slapped the taste out of Rusev's mouth, closure on that end but nothing with Dolph, just getting on with the open challenge. Says it all really about the storyline from start to finish.

Lana and Rusev are engaged and WWE.com are reporting it, so it looks like it'll be worked into storyline. TMZ broke it (and it supposedly happened a month ago and WWE knew about it) and they've leaked stuff to TMZ before so I think they've got some sort of plan going.

I thought it was pretty odd the way they just put it out there considering the amount of screen time they've give the Dolph/Summer/Lana/Rusev angle. They didn't even try and give an explanation for it, just that Rusev proposed to Lana and she accepted. I thought the development last week (with Summer proposing to Rusev and the quest for gold) was a good little distraction whilst they were waiting for Lana to return. I was expecting the angle to maybe end up with a double turn with Dolph turning heel with Summer whilst Lana returns to Rusev as a babyface.

Wonder what Rusev will do now...

They could (and it's a stretch) play it that when Lana was out injured, Dolph wasn't checking up on her (he has form as a love-em-and-leave-em type) and Rusev did. She also, while away from the spotlight, had time to think and they both realised that they love each other and decided to give it another shot.

Rusev electing not to tell Summer is a stereotypical "guy won't say anything" trope.

Sooooo bored of the whole ordeal over here please just let the angle end... or die.. urrrgh to much!!

A face turn for rusev would be real good for him and in turn all of us about now though! And same goes for a ziggler heel turn! He grinds my gears as a face its too much, but really works for me as a heel... the greasy bugger!

I thought it was pretty odd the way they just put it out there considering the amount of screen time they've give the Dolph/Summer/Lana/Rusev angle. They didn't even try and give an explanation for it, just that Rusev proposed to Lana and she accepted. I thought the development last week (with Summer proposing to Rusev and the quest for gold) was a good little distraction whilst they were waiting for Lana to return. I was expecting the angle to maybe end up with a double turn with Dolph turning heel with Summer whilst Lana returns to Rusev as a babyface.

Wonder what Rusev will do now...

I have no idea what's going on except that maybe Rusev and Lana were the ones that leaked it in some way and Vince isn't happy with having to drop the angle. I hope Rusev doesn't get buried because of this. Raw tonight is supposed to be an "interesting" day for him. Whatever that means.

Archived