WWE Live from MSG Discussion Thread - October 3, 2015 from New York City, NY

TPIB

Exclusively on the WWE Network, WWE presents Live from Madison Square Garden on Saturday, October 3 from Madison Square Garden in New York City, NY.

http://i.imgur.com/nE8JqAR.jpg

Confirmed Matches/Events

Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show

United States Championship: Steel Cage Match:

John Cena © vs. Seth Rollins

WWE Tag Team Championship:

The New Day © vs. The Dudley Boyz

Build to Hell in a Cell

Edited by TPIB

The MSG website has Cena/Rollins (Cage match), Orton/Sheamus, Ziggler/Rusev and Jericho/Owens too:

WWE NETWORK SPECIAL! – BROCK LESNAR’S GO TO HELL TOUR!

BROCK LESNAR RETURNS TO THE GARDEN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN OVER 10 YEARS ACCOMPANIED BY NEW YORK'S OWN PAUL HEYMAN AS HE FACES THE BIG SHOW!

JOHN CENA

VS.

SETH ROLLINS

- UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH INSIDE A STEEL CAGE! -

RANDY ORTON VS. MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT WINNER SHEAMUS!

NEW YORK’S OWN DUDLEY BOYZ VS. NEW DAY

- WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH -

CHRIS JERICHO VS. KEVIN OWENS

- WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH -

DOLPH ZIGGLER VS. RUSEV!

ALSO SEE YOUR FAVORITE WWE SUPERSTARS INCLUDING:

KANE

MARK HENRY

STARDUST

TEAM BELLA

AND MANY MORE!

*CARD IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE*

http://www.thegarden.com/events/2015/october/wwe-live.html

That's funny, they're advertising Seth/Cena as a steel cage match for the U.S Title on the MSG show. You'd think that would have to be the main event. Brock still has top billing but still, you wouldn't think they'd want to follow a cage match. Maybe they will..

I'm listening to Meltzer now and he says that this Brock/Undertaker match at HIAC was originally supposed to be Brock's WrestleMania match but Vince has changed his mind in the last week or so. Brock's appearance on the Raw before HIAC and his appearance at HIAC are added dates to his contract beyond his original agreement. It's looking to me like he wants Brock/Austin or Brock/Rock to headline WrestleMania.

I wonder whether they will do an angle with Undertaker at MSG? I originally thought that they'd want that on Raw in front of 3 million plus viewers rather than the 600,000 or whatever that watch the MSG show but they're already paying for Lesnar, so they might fly Undertaker in.

EDIT: I suppose they could turn Reigns heel and do Brock/Reigns II with Reigns getting the belt. That's probably the likeliest of the lot. Brock/Rollins II, Brock wins. Reigns then turns heel on Ambrose in the Rumble match and wins? That would get great heat.

EDIT 2: The cage could also be because they've done Cena vs. Rollins straight up 3 times in 2 or 3 weeks and/or to avoid pinning Seth again by using a cage escape.

I assumed they might be using a cage match as a way of not pinning Seth again but maybe they're using it as a way of getting the U.S Title off Cena without pinning him as he's taking time off.

https://www.talkwhateveronline.com/threads/john-cena-taking-time-off-he-will-miss-the-u-k-tour.62932/

I loved Brock and Big Show.
The little detour through Chokeslam Village on the way to Suplex City was pretty damn sweet.

The opening tag was a lot of fun, Owens getting the win over Jericho was good, the finish to Dudleys / New Day (while a rehash) continues the run to the inevitable Tables Match and Rollins v Cena was decent too.

I didn't like the ending of PCB v Bellas as it's taking the whole "all Divas are either jealous or in a love-triangle" situation and applying it to those who have shown they are above it.

On the other hand, New Day's entrance was amazing (as usual).