WWE RAW Discussion Thread - September 21, 2015 from Laredo, TX (#1165)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Sept. 21, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Sept. 22, at 12AM on SkySportsHD3

When

Laredo Energy Arena in Laredo, TX

Confirmed Matches/Events

Night of Champions Fallout

Was quite good, shame it was followed by a botch fest between the Cosmic Wasteland and Neville and the Lucha Dragons. Well Sin Cara was botching and they nearly lost Kalisto on the way over during the finish so the move was botched.

Also if the Authority are surprised Kane are back and haven't reinstated him, why treat the match he made as a opportunity - if it was made by a man who shouldn't be employed then surely there is actually no match?

I really just hoped Kane had developed a split personality for real though and couldn't remember the night before, that had potential in a screwed up, pro-wrestling kind of way....

Xavier Woods is my favourite thing ever...

"That's Bulgarian tricep meat right there, from across the pond, green, red and white tricep meat"

Playing Rusev's entrance music on the trombone as he goes to work on Ziggler....

"Why does Dolph have zippers and no pockets... Why?!?"

"That's a nine foot vertical leap people!" after Kofi plants the six foot Ziggler with a drop kick.

Then to top it off, instead of hitting Ziggler with the trombone he blows it in his face... Good catch by Summer Rae by the way.

Paige did turn @bigmatt good call on that but as she 'shot' on the mic the crowd loved it, plus they even cheered for Brie and Nikki a little bit - could there be a backlash against Charlotte already? All I'll say is, if that was the turn they botched it they should have had her slap Naitch to seal the deal.

Poor Becky Lynch as well, she got proper slammed in that rant.

Also if the Authority are surprised Kane are back and haven't reinstated him, why treat the match he made as a opportunity - if it was made by a man who shouldn't be employed then surely there is actually no match?
It could work easily enough; Kane said he re-signed as DoO and all it takes for HHH & Steph to be unaware is that the Board of Directors authorised the contract (it's been well documented as canon that the Board can do things outside of The Authority's peripheral).

Haven't seen the show, just looked up the Paige segment just there. I said it a while back, but Charlotte is just the worst. Totally terrible in every way.

However, Paige. My girl Paige. Just magnificent. There's a CM Punk shaped hole in my heart that she has been making herself comfy in for a while, and I think she might have just moved in permanently.

"Nattie... Where even is she? Do you even work here anymore?"

Wonderful :lol

All in all a decent Raw, a lot of it was the standard redux from the night before as usual following a PPV.

New Day and Rusev where great, a combination I hope to see together again sometime, Charlotte managed to eek a decent match out of Brie which in itself is a small miracle but there are a few issues.

Seth v Cena, good match, changed it up and did some different things but that finish. I hate that style of finish. He got hit with a move that for most people is a finisher, he is pinned and somehow kicks out and uses that to his finish like he was as fresh as a daisy? Just leaves a bad taste in the mouth after another excellent effort by both men.

Then the ending... it started well with Kane going all demon and coming through the ring and the crowd ate it up but then dragging in and the puffs of smoke and stuff - what a hock of ham! Why couldn't he have just drilled him with another Tombstone?

Then earlier in the night, as I alluded to in an earlier post - the heel turn of Paige, or at least what seemed like a turn but didn't quite work. It's not Paige's fault, her delivery was great, the emotion was there but it was content - it was just too pipebomb like and the crowd ate it up and gave her a face pop and as a result it hurt Charlotte who did nothing really to stop her or Becky who got pimp-handed in that promo and again, pretty much did nothing.

It needed some physicality in the exchange to seal the deal, either a slap to Naitch, or hitting Becky or Charlotte with the mic, whatever, it could have been better.

Xavier Woods is my favourite thing ever...

"That's Bulgarian tricep meat right there, from across the pond, green, red and white tricep meat"

Playing Rusev's entrance music on the trombone as he goes to work on Ziggler....

"Why does Dolph have zippers and no pockets... Why?!?"

"That's a nine foot vertical leap people!" after Kofi plants the six foot Ziggler with a drop kick.

This. All of this. And the whole "Save...the tables! Save...the tables!" thing.

I'm a little bit in love with the New Day. Talk about turning chickensh*t into chicken salad.

Then the ending... it started well with Kane going all demon and coming through the ring and the crowd ate it up but then dragging in and the puffs of smoke and stuff - what a hock of ham! Why couldn't he have just drilled him with another Tombstone?

Well, Kane and Undertaker as characters have always had a measure of theatrics surrounding them...with the return of demon Kane, it's only to be expected that they take the hammy, cheesy route with him and return to those particular foundations rather than just have him be a 'normal joe' wrestler - which they've never billed him as when under Demon mode.

The problem for Paige was WWE chose the wrong Diva from the group to put the title on, I think had they gone with Becky they might well have got the reaction they wanted. However it's pretty clear they wanted to wheel Flair out for a quick pop but it backfired because it totally reinforced half of what Paige went on to say. It would probably have been better to have had Becky win and Charlotte turn heel taking the queues from her Dad.

i cant believe how well new day were able to turn things around for themselves. they are one of the best things in wwe. i would like to see more domination from the wyatts. a long line of wins for each member would be cool. paige was awesome, but made the two girls look like they were being told of in the playground. time to do something new with ryback as well... everything is just boring with him. and joseph parks/abyss wants his gimmick back kane.

I really hated that promo by Paige. I don't know why wrestlers keep insisting on breaking kayfabe when there's no need for it. It's something which can be effective (like with Punk's pipe bomb promo) but it's been overused so badly and in such a cheap manner that it carries no weight any more. Paige saying "we all know why the Bella's are here" was just unnecessary. These promos aren't interesting and they don't sell tickets, they just hurt the target of the insult but not in a way which is beneficial.

I really hated that promo by Paige. I don't know why wrestlers keep insisting on breaking kayfabe when there's no need for it. It's something which can be effective (like with Punk's pipe bomb promo) but it's been overused so badly and in such a cheap manner that it carries no weight any more. Paige saying "we all know why the Bella's are here" was just unnecessary. These promos aren't interesting and they don't sell tickets, they just hurt the target of the insult but not in a way which is beneficial.

Its not the wrestlers Jack, its the WWE writers and the road agents doing that and feeding her the material. Your right, it is overused and has been since 2011 and the Summer of Punk because the WWE saw how well it worked that one time and - not seeing it was just one of those things that can't be replicated due to the timing, talent involved and the way the fans felt - keep on rehashing it hoping for the same result.

Its why I said, she did well with her performance but the content was just wrong for the situation and ruined a heel turn. Did they not remember that Punk was a heel when he did it and it turned him face? No, of course they didn't, because they are idiots.