What should be done??

Kontrolled

I agree with DC
I wasn't being serious with the comment.

My boy plays it a helluva lot and I've come to realise it's not a game in the traditional sense at all; it's a non-linear experience and a place to exercise creativity.

I just believe there are better places and ways to do it then in a computer game. Writing, Art, Sport, Dance and Music all provide better creative outlets in my opinion then Minecraft.

But then I never really wanted to play Civilisation, SimCity, Theme Hospital/Park, Rollercoaster Tycoon and other games where you build worlds and such. Perhaps I'm just a bit too old school when I want my game to have a purpose or a story - its also why I don't play Call of Duty or Battlefield online where you just run around the same maps and shoot people over and over again.

I just believe there are better places and ways to do it then in a computer game. Writing, Art, Sport, Dance and Music all provide better creative outlets in my opinion then Minecraft.
I can understand that, but a lot of kids won't want to / aren't able to start with those and Minecraft gives them a creative outlet at a young age that can hopefully be nourished, encouraged and allowed too seep into other fields.

Archived