Wrestlers Safety

Yodahew

Given what has happened recently with Reigns having the briefcase thrown at him and the Ambrose thing and now the fan walking down the ramp with Rollins do we think WWE need to step up their security or do something else?

Do the fans have something against the Shield?

Do the wrestlers need more protection from the fans they are trying to entertain?

I doubt the fan throwing the case was really aiming for Reigns and the fan in this instance didn't attack Rollins. It's been a while since I've seen a fan attack a wrestler and I think it's because everyone is so much "smarter" to the business. Nothing is real anymore except what the IWC determines is "good" or "bad". I've seen more wrestlers go after fans who have said things to them than the other way around.

It's weird there isn't any security monitoring the entrance ramp though. It certainly could have been worse potentially.

nothing happened to Rollins this time. That fan could of done anything in that situation. Cena's reaction was right to it. He was trying to get Titus' attention to it.

The briefcase instance was probably sheer chance but at the same time the fan threw it, whether he was trying hit Reigns or Bray is irrelivant. He threw it at the ring over the barricade.

It is 3 instances in the last 6 weeks or so though of stuff like this happening.

nothing happened to Rollins this time. That fan could of done anything in that situation. Cena's reaction was right to it. He was trying to get Titus' attention to it.

Of course the guy could have done anything but he didn't. So what you're seeming to suggest is we should be mortally concerned over wrestler safety despite there's not been any suggestion of a real "incident" for ages, especially in WWE.

The briefcase instance was probably sheer chance but at the same time the fan threw it, whether he was trying hit Reigns or Bray is irrelivant. He threw it at the ring over the barricade.

Can you consider the amount of shit fans bring to an event? All the title belts, signs etc You'll never stop fans bringing "stuff" to shows even if you confiscate a lot of it.

It is 3 instances in the last 6 weeks or so though of stuff like this happening.

3? What's the third one I'm missing here?

See in none of the recent videos does any of the fans look like they are actively trying to hurt someone, even the case guys throws a stupidly high looping shot to get the case in the ring, it's not flung at Reigns at ringside or anything. Compare that to the Eddie incident where the guy clearly looks to hurt Eddie and fight him afterwards.

I suppose you could argue that throwing a case into a ring where two wrestlers and a referee are position isn't caring about possibly injuring someone, but the Rollins one is definitely just some kid goofing off and the Ambrose incident looks like a guy just going in for a hug (although that could have been a fist about to be swung).

Of course the guy could have done anything but he didn't. So what you're seeming to suggest is we should be mortally concerned over wrestler safety despite there's not been any suggestion of a real "incident" for ages, especially in WWE.

Can you consider the amount of shit fans bring to an event? All the title belts, signs etc You'll never stop fans bringing "stuff" to shows even if you confiscate a lot of it.

3? What's the third one I'm missing here?

It isnt the case of nothing has happened for ages though. 3 instances have happened recently. One Reigns gets hit in the head with a replica briefcase. I appreciate WWE arent going to stop selling belts etc but a bloody briefcase? Two Ambrose gets approached and yes the fan is probably going for a hug or high 5 or something but he could have a knife or anything. Same goes for the Rollins incident. The guy could have done anything in that instance. The question was do WWE need to boost their security to stop the fans (good or ill intentioned) trying to join the show?

I must say though my 1st thought with Rollins was it was a plant as surely noone dresses like that now?!?:lol:

It is the case we haven't seen violence towards a performer in ages Yodahew, you really need to read my posts a bit more clearly. Do they need to up security? Well, in some areas possibly. The fan made it down to ringside in the Rollins clip so that;'s an awful long time but the fan in the Ambrose clip got taken down almost immediately. So seems like there might be so inconsistencies in the security at least.

My point is unless you did football style policing with a line of guards around the whole ring area then what level of security is ever going to be enough? there's always a chance a nutcase can do something if they want to unless you shut doors and just do televised matches with CGI crowds and fake noise. I genuinely don't think it's as much of a problem as you seem to think it is.

Just trying to get a discussion going @Omega The security for the Ambrose one was good. Took him down pretty quick. The Reigns one I understand security can do little to stop that. The Rollins one is the one that is worrying. The guy walked alongside him for a while and noone seemed to do anything.

I agree nothing has actually happened to a wrestler probably since the Eddie ladder one. The potential of the Rollins incident is worrying though. The question of will WWE do anything to boost the security? Probably not. Should they? I dont know. 3 instances (2 if u disregards the Reigns one) of fans approaching wrestlers but only 1 where the wrestler had time to do anything before security interviened then maybe just a refresher course for the current security staff....

• 2 weeks later...

– We noted last night that WWE issued the following statement in regards to the fan who entered the ring before Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Chris Jericho vs. The Wyatt Family at Night of Champions:

“WWE takes the safety of our performers very seriously and any fan entering the ring area will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”

Due to the recent string of WWE fan incidents, word is that the company is looking at pursuing the most stringent prosecution possible for all future fan incidents, according to PWInsider.

WWE usually issues lifetime bans to fans who hop the barrier but having them charged criminally will obviously cause a lot of headaches for the fans who breaks the rules.

– We noted before that WWE was planning on cracking down on fans to try and prevent future incidents where they hop the barriers.

The fan, 37 year old Oscar Ramirez of Houston, who entered the ring at WWE Night of Champions on Sunday was charged with criminal trespass of a property or building with no forced entry, according to PWInsider.

The fan has plead guilty and was sentenced to 10 days in jail. If the case went to trial, he could have faced 1.5 years.

Wow, not even a suspended sentence. That probably will stop all but the looniest of people.