Undertaker: Is this new feud with Lesnar damaging his legacy?

Spiritchaser

Having been a "Creature of The Night" for longer than I care to mention this recent run that The Deadman is on against Lesnar I feel that it is tarnishing the character of The Undertaker. Watching the match against Lesnar at Summerslam was almost as painful as watching the Streak end.

My main concern is that the way 'Taker has been portrayed is in direct opposition to the character he has always been, one of his famous promos once contained the lines "what we have here is desperate men resorting to desperate measures..." which is the exact way he is being portrayed now.

In the long run The Undertaker character at the very least has been the glue that held it all together and deserves all the respect he has earned, even though I realise the next match he has will be the last one he has I hope they restore the dignity the 'Taker has always had.

I imagine this is Taker going out in the way he wants to. He's more than likely been pushing for this "heel" run, and I don't think it's taints his legacy at all. If Biker Taker didn't kill his legacy, then this won't either.

Personally I love that he's resorting to desperate measures after calling other people out on theirs. It's like Heyman said, he's like an old grizzled gunfighter who can still whup most people's asses, but he's come across the one person who just doesn't buy into his mythos or hype. Because he can't fake Brock out with the usual mind games and shenanigans, Taker's having to resort to plain old fashion dirty tactics to get the job done. I really have no problem with it whatsoever, and it's a lot more interesting to me than him just playing the same old stoic Deadman as always.

But Lesnar's his only realistic threat anymore. And if you look at his match with Bray at Mania it looked like Bray was reluctant to really put anything into the match, as was Taker.

If Taker wants to go out in a blaze of gunfire and smoke by having him and Brock beat the living snot out of each other, then so be it. If this is indeed his last swansong, then he's probably throwing caution to the wind in these matches knowing that soon he'll just be able to go home and rest.

In peace.

( Sorry, couldn't help myself)

Archived