WWE Night of Champions 2015 Discussion Thread - September 20, 2015 from Houston, TX (#9)

TPIB

The ninth annual WWE Night of Champions will come to you, live on the WWE Network, on September 20 from the Toyota Center in Houston, TX where every championship in WWE will be defended.

wwe-night-of-champions-2015-poster.png

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE World Heavyweight Championship:

Seth Rollins © vs. Sting

United States Championship:

Seth Rollins © vs. John Cena

6-Man Tag:

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, & ???? vs. The Wyatt Family

Intercontinental Championship:

Ryback © vs. Kevin Owens

WWE Tag Team Championship:

The New Day © vs. The Dudley Boyz

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rusev

Divas Championship: Title Changes Hands on DQ or Count-Out:

Nikki Bella © vs. Charlotte

6-Man Tag: Kickoff Exclusive:

Neville & The Lucha Dragons vs. Stardust & The Ascension

Edited by Kam

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really I feel SummerSlam would have been nice place for him to wrestle

He was originally supposed to wrestle at SummerSlam. The Wyatt family (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan) vs. Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose and Sting. Then Erick Rowan tore his bicep so the plan was changed to introduce Braun Strowman as a new Wyatt Family member to replace him. Vince then decided that SummerSlam was strong enough and that Sting would be a boost to keep interest (and WWE Network subscribers) afterwards.

Last I read, it wasn't confirmed 100%, but it was quite likely he would be pulling double duty.

Rollins will go over, probably in some HHH involved shenanigans that will further progress the Sting/Authority feud that was supposed to have been blown off at 'Mania (that handshake anyone?)

If they are determined to go down the Sting/HHH route, then I suspect it would lead to a Survivor Series match between two teams lead by the relevant captains. That's probably the way I'd go anyway.

Would be nice if Daniel Bryan could get the all clear by then, and have Sting struggle to find a last partner, before Bryan returns last minute to complete the team. But who knows whats up with him at the moment or how long he's gonna be out. Not even sure he knows.

was just about to come here and ask if Seth will pull double duty. He may vacate although that makes no sense to do that. Bleacher Report were saying that Nikki may or may not defend her title at NoC...... erm the whole point of the PPV is every title defended BR

It will be a joke if Nikki pulls out. She doesnt defend the title in general. Go over Charlotte if they want to break AJ's record just actually defend the title. Alternatively give it to someone who can actually wrestle properly and get them to break the record..... Just an idea.

The way they're doing the Bellatron gimmick pretty much demands that the heel gets her comeuppance before the countdown reaches the desired target (ref. Honk-a-Meter), but I fear the need to have AJ removed from being the record-holder will outweigh wrestling logic.

What's all this stuff about Nikki? Why would she pull out of the match?

She's reportedly been dealing with some back issues lately. Can't imagine why :lol:

Nikki Bella is set to become the longest reigning Divas Champion in history on September 14. On SmackDown, they had Charlotte say that she filed a "petition" to The Authority to have the Night of Champions match take place before Nikki breaks the record.

Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns, and a partner of their choosing vs. The Wyatt Family in a 6-Man Tag has been added to the card. While it would be a neat idea to see a face Kane return and team with Ambrose & Reigns or some other unexpected idea, it will probably just be Big Show or Mark Henry filling the spot.

Actually, I just read the Wrestling-Online Newsletter and WWE.com accidentally revealed Ambrose & Reigns' partner before correcting it:

Apparently, Baron Corbin is going to be brought up to the main roster to team with Ambrose & Reigns, but since it's been spoiled by WWE.com, I wonder if they will change it. Here's the link to the Wrestling-Online article that shows a screenshot of WWE's mistake: http://www.wrestling-online.com/wwe/wwe-accidentally-reveals-the-third-tag-team-partner-for-ambrose-and-reigns/

Edited by TPIB

• 3 weeks later...
There is an interesting article over at CagesideSeats.com that points out that, if Sting wins the WWE World Heavyweight Title this Sunday, he will beat out Vince McMahon as the oldest WWE Champion of all-time. Here's the article: http://www.cagesideseats.com/2015/9/18/9352841/a-win-at-night-of-champions-would-make-sting-the-oldest-ever-wwe-champ