WWE RAW Discussion Thread - August 24, 2015 from Brooklyn, NY (#1161)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, Aug. 24, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, Aug. 25, at 12AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY

Confirmed Matches/Events

SummerSlam Fallout

Undertaker has reportedly flown home. He was due on this show but he's gone. Maybe he's badly busted up/didn't have much of a role so they've let him go home and heal or they've changed the direction. I hope this "big" thing delivers.

Sting is on the show but I think it's clear that Vince doesn't see him on that level

If it's WrestleMania related, Undertaker's gone home, Cena's tied up in something with Seth. I think it's clear after last night that Reigns has to turn heel. He's lost too much momentum and there's a section of fans that are going to boo him no matter what because they see him as "Vince's guy". Heel turn on Ambrose? Rock shows up and Reigns turns on him setting them up at Mania? Would Rock do that match though? It's no lower than Triple H really.

I hope Austin but I don't feel it. Batista?

Please don't be lame.

Best opening 40 minutes of Raw in a long time.

Heyman Promo

Brock Lesnar commits a murder on live TV. (JBL on commentary after Heyman convinces Brock to return to the ring to deliver one more suplex: "I'd tell you to run Bo but you can't move".

New Day celebration and Xavier woods playing the trombone while they have their match

And the Dudley Boyz return out of nowhere!

OK. That was fucking awesome. They are doing the Sting thing after all then. No heel turn yet for Roman. When the rumour was that they were going to debut a new Wyatt so they could do The Wyatt family vs. Reigns, Ambrose and Sting at SummerSlam (the plan before Rowan tore his bicep) I thought it would be someone lame but Braun Stowman is perfect and looked great. The Wyatts are getting some steam back.

Sting going for the title?? Either he wins and we get a how ever old veterin winning the title in his 2nd match from a young up and comer who has a bright future in the company. Or he loses and an icon of wrestling loses his 1st 2 matches in WWE.

Or they go for the screwy finish and have Seths whole reign thrown further into question.

Booking into a corner 101 by WWE Creative will be abailable in all good bookstores and online soon........

I don't necessarily see it as painting into a corner per say. If you allow for the fact that if Sting does go for the title (which isn't a lock to be fair) then if you screw over Rollins in the match it gets the title off of him, onto Sting who can run with it for a PPV cycle and drop it to someone else (Owens as the newest heel on the block would work and he'd be going over a "legend") without having a heel v heel match. Get Cena involve in the finish and have Rollins and Cena carry on as a feud over the US title maybe and keep the attention on it. That's got a nice arc to it for me in that it pays a little tribute to Sting with a warm fuzzy moment of him getting a title run but it's not long enough to be a "thing" and you get to move the title to a new champ and probably get him some heat for going over good ol' Sting.

Sting going for the title is pretty cool seeing as its never happened and him putting over Rollins is how it will go down. Sting losing at this point in his career isnt going to hurt him, he will continually get screwed by HHH until they have their rematch and Sting beats him, thats likely what its all leading to.

I like the idea of sting going for the title but for me he needs a win before that. Why does he deserve it for instance?

I like the idea of Cena and Rollins continuing to feud over the US title if sting wins the big belt but who do you trust to have a good match with sting now? He will need some protecting due to his age. Rollins and Cena could do it but a lot of the newer guys just look a lot stiffer and hard hitting. Ambrose probably could as his punches dont look like they hurt anyways. I mean and have a good match as well btw.

Any news on taker? Apparently he was meant to be at raw but due to the effects of the match with Brock went home instead.

Are the Dudleys back for a stretch now?

I think Owens would be fine as a challenger, he's not a flippy guy, he can brawl and he doesn't need to be doing any high risk stuff to look mean. He could work a match with Sting ok I think and if you built Owens doing a bit of a legend killer thing, maybe killing Flair for supporting Cena, and then challenge Sting it would work. I do tend to agree with Belty that in all likelihood he'll lose to Rollins on the basis he doesn't really need the belt at this point and probably feud with Trips, I'd just like to see it happen for the same reason Taker/Sting was a dream match... there is no good reason, it just is. :)

That New Day entrance, and Woods playing Taps as they got the pin was one of the first things in ages to make me genuinely laugh while watching Raw. I'm really enjoying the New Day at the moment, they've been given a crappy gimmick, but they're determined to have some kind of fun with it, which weirdly means it's actually starting to catch on with the crowd who can sense how much fun Kofi, Woods, and Big E are having.

I marked out like a kid when the Dudleyz music hit but I wanted to shoot JBL after the 154th time he called them the most decorated team of all time. Great ending with Sting. I hadn't heard he was gonna be on the show so it was a genuine surprise for me. I'd like to see him hold the title once before he retires even if its only for a month or so.