What's you worst injury?

BENZ79

About 2 weeks ago I broke my ankle. 1st bone I have ever broken. It was a great day with a bad ending. I was on a local bike tour (where we travel from bar to bar on a bike) and as we were finishing up I had placed my foot down between a barrier wall and my bike. I fell one way and my ankle went the other. So now I am out of work for 1-2 months. Just can't wait for this FWL to start so I have something else to look forward to. How about you guys, what's the worst you've had?

As soon as I can figure out how to add the photo I'll show you my foot. Pretty awesome I think.

EDIT: 11825065_10201021780302161_2944176137061057999_n.jpg?oh=8975e286e9b8cb93f381a71bf0f09a11&oe=567DB7C3

WOO-HOOO!!! So proud of myself, I am not computer wiz at all. Just basic stuff on this thing for me.

Edited by bigmatt

Yeah; that's pretty nasty looking.

My worst injury (although thankfully I can't remember too much of it) was when I fractured both femurs slipping on a lino floor (juice had been spilled) when I was 4yrs-old.

That coupled with the Perthes I was born with landed me in callipers until I was almost 10yrs old. I was in traction for around 5mths (spending Christmas 1981 in hospital), then had a lower-body cast from the top of my groin area to my ankles, with a cross-bar at the knees.

Once the cast was removed, the two-legged callipers were on from 5yrs old until I was 6½yrs old, at which point I only had them on my right leg (with a six-inch raise on my left shoe to even me up).

You can just about make out the contraption on my leg in this picture taken when the family went for a week to Saltcoats caravan park.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x165/dravencage/meincalls.jpg

I severed a tendon in my right middle finger on a broken glass I had in my hand as a bartender. I'll post the scar a bit later but what started off as maybe a 4cm cut just below my middle jopint ended up with a scar that runs up to the last joint on one side and then on the other goes nearly down to the knuckle where they had to pin all my skin and stuff back to sew the tendon back together.

Does having @BENZ79 being a pain in my ass for 35 years count???

If not than I will have to go with the dislocated pelvis I live with. Hard to walk, can't sit to long, can't stand to long. can't lay on one side to long, can't bend over.... don't even get me started on stairs,steps,curbs, getting in and out of automobiles.

Aside from a back which intermittently goes from vague pain to "shit, have I been stabbed?", I've not had much. No broken bones so far, and not from a lack of trying when I was younger. I've done all sorts to myself, including falling out a tree and hitting every branch on the way down as a kid, but I seem to get away with it. I've jinxed myself now, I'll be dead of septicaemia from a broken leg in 6 months... I knocked a tooth out falling out the top bunk when I was a kid, which was about the worst. I also have a habit of getting minor cuts and injuries as a side effect of my job, but they're ignorable.

Oh, and I took the tip of my thumb off with a Stanley knife once.

I have broken my knee cap being thrown off a horse and the horse trampling you afterwards. The injury I have now is really annoying it is just not healing and keep getting stabbing pain down my arm and lose the feeling in my hand. I have torn a muscle in my arm torn the ligaments and torn and cracked the rotator cuff in my shoulder. It has been four months and counting.

Does having @BENZ79 being a pain in my ass for 35 years count???

If not than I will have to go with the dislocated pelvis I live with. Hard to walk, can't sit to long, can't stand to long. can't lay on one side to long, can't bend over.... don't even get me started on stairs,steps,curbs, getting in and out of automobiles.

35 years? I feel there's a story here! :D

The closest I've come to serious injury was was when I hit my hand with an axe. The scar that it left is pretty small but that's because of the shape of the axe and when it went into my hand, it went really deep. I could see the vein through the wound when it first happened and it bled a lot at the time. I think I got lucky there.

As for other injuries, I damaged tendons/ligaments in my knee when I was younger and playing football. It took me months to be over the pain. That was a pretty bad one. Overall though, I think I've probably been lucky with accidents/injuries. The worst break I've had would be my hand but that wasn't painful.

Worst I've ever had is a couple of concussions, and the odd sprain/twist. Saying I spent a few nights a week getting thrown around by folks, I'm quite happy with how that turned out.
Yeah; wrestling will give you loads of little injuries and knocks.

The worst injury Pain wise was probably when I smashed my knee into a steel oven door at work and worked constant 10-12 hour shifts on it later finding out I had a tear in my meniscus and badly strained tendons in my knee.

I've cut off a finger tip and cut myself to the bone a couple of times but they look worse than they feel!

I was stabbed in my right shoulder with a pen knife too that was a weird sensation at the time but the adrenaline helped me through the initial pain which I imagine could have been much more horrible!

Never broken a one as of yet which is good!

@etz the tree you fell out of and hit every branch on the way down, was not the Ugly tree was it, because my first girl-friend also fell out of that tree!!;)

@Omega ohhhh... there is more than A story!!!

p.s. great use of Jake the dog:thumbup:

Hey guys if you think @BENZ79 ankle is ugly, it's a good thing he didn't show you his "special" pinky finger. Talk about deformed human anatomy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDuFmUhDAIYJ4qnihsurnByjttaKfEOjGLsDi8q5OSwuUBZV-a

Edited by bigmatt

most painful injury I have ever had was I herniated a disc in my back and didnt realise and the muscles siezed around it for so long they glued themselves to my spine. Having to have them ripped off was the most pain I have ever been in.

I shattered my big toe kicking a curb when I was younger as well then went on to do a 2 hour jui-jitsu class.

I also got this scar above my right eye. I was 5 or 6 years old. My older brothers and I were play wrestling. When they though it would be a great idea to toss me off the bed. I hit my forehead on the corner of an end table. There was so much blood, but not too much damage. I think maybe 6 stitches. It was kinda like how wrestlers would razor their forehead. Not too much noticeable and easy to recover from. @Kontrolled F-U about my deformed pinky.

Have a laundry list of injuries...

- 11 Concussions

- Broken Orbital Bone under left eye

- Broken Nose (x2)

- Dislocated left Shoulder (x2)

- Broken ribs

- Bone chips in left elbow

- Broken left wrist (x2)

- Broken right wrist

- Broken all of my fingers and thumbs

- Dislocated two knuckles on my left hand and three on my right

- Broken right hand

- Two torn back muscles

- Broken 3rd Metatarsal in my left foot (x2)

- Broke all of my toes at once when I was six

- Slashed by a knife on the bottom of my left wrist and on another occasion on the fingers of my left hand

- Fell though a greenhouse, puncture wounds all down my left arm and sliced open from the base of my thumb to the middle of my forearm

- Torn ACL & PCL with a dislocated knee cap in my left knee (probably the worst of the bunch pain wise and long term suffering wise as well)

- Partial tear in my ACL in the right knee

- Chipped bone in my left ankle

There is a stupid story pretty much behind all of them but aside from the odd cut or sprain and such, they are what I consider my proper injuries.

Nope, I played a little bit of League in school but never got injured.

Some of them I did wrestling (my left knee was during a match), bike crashes, climbing and exploring, falling down the stairs (the toes was one fall, the left wrist was another), fights, football, kickboxing and generally messing about.

- 11 Concussions (Wrestling, falling through three buildings when the floor gave way, trying an overhead kick on concrete, head-butting a wall on a dare, a cast iron butterfly valve landing on my head at work)

- Broken Orbital Bone under left eye (Jumped by a bunch of travellers when I was fourteen and had my head kicked into a curb)

- Broken Nose (x2) (Bike crash at 7, botched X-Factor when wrestling)

- Dislocated left Shoulder (x2) (Fell through floor, botched Package piledriver when wrestling)

- Broken ribs (Fell down stairs)

- Bone chips in left elbow (Someone failed to catch me when I did a suicide dive to the outside of the ring)

- Broken left wrist (x2) (1st was a fight, 2nd was the stair fall)

- Broken right wrist (football)

- Broken all of my fingers and thumbs (fights, kickboxing, chair shot when wrestling)

- Dislocated two knuckles on my left hand and three on my right (fights, kickboxing)

- Broken right hand (fight)

- Two torn back muscles (working in a warehouse)

- Broken 3rd Metatarsal in my left foot (x2) (kickboxing and football)

- Broke all of my toes at once when I was six (fell down stairs)

- Slashed by a knife on the bottom of my left wrist and on another occasion on the fingers of my left hand (attempted muggings)

- Fell though a greenhouse, puncture wounds all down my left arm and sliced open from the base of my thumb to the middle of my forearm (climbing a tree over a greenhouse like a tit when I was six)

- Torn ACL & PCL with a dislocated knee cap in my left knee (botched landing when doing a flip spot during wrestling)

- Partial tear in my ACL in the right knee (football)

- Chipped bone in my left ankle (jumped off a roof on a skateboard - I can't actually skateboard and was drunk)

In my defence when it comes to the fighting, I have never actually started a fight. I am an averaged size bloke who is a mosher in a town full of chav's who think when they've had a drink they are hard as nails and pick a fight. As I am the smallest of my circle of friends I am usually the one they went after - one of the reasons I've stopped going out for a drink because people these days are just idiots.

Spiky hair, baggy jeans, wallet chains, skate shoes, zip through hoodies and band t-shirts and a love of rock and punk = mosher.

Tracksuits, with the bottoms tucked into the socks, Rockport boots, shaved heads and wigga levels of loving rap as well as drum and bass and dance as well = chavs.

There are nice chav's but most of them in Rochdale where thick, dole dossing scum who attacked anything different and picked on people weaker whilst in groups. My dad used to call them bananas, hang around in bunches and once you wallop one of them they split.

It was the early 2000's - it was a different time