Poetry in motion, who perfects certain moves?

Shaun2J

Anyone can do a chokeslam in Pro Wrestling, right? But anyone could also f*ck it up.

Who does and which moves are so sweet and smooth, that you'd watch it on loop all day? 0% sloppiness, ever. Who can achieve that?

For one, I'm going with Cesaro and his leaping Corkscrew European Uppercut. It looks like some fine slow motion trickery.

Any more?

• Like 1

He did a kneeling chokeslam sometimes as well that looks better than 99% of chokeslams ever done, it's like he truly plants them into the canvas.

With his chokeslams, I believe he was the only guy I saw doing them one-handed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1eeii6khsQ

He used to kneel down with the powerbomb too in his earlier days (which can be seen in the later section of this video).

Another move that I loved was the Steiner Screwdriver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mINZ9tidev0

The Steiner Screwdriver is an incredible move, probably the most dangerous looking I've ever seen in wrestling. Did he ever hurt anyone with it? I'm curious as to why he stopped using it. I can't imagine many top guys would have wanted to take it but it was lethal looking.

The best backbreaker I can think of is Triple H's. It's a simple move but the way he lifts his opponent in the air, spins and drops them on his knee is beautiful. That move in the match against Michaels at Summerslam (I think?) is just perfect. For all the versions of the backbreaker over the years, I'm not sure any look as brutal as that when it's done right.

The Steiner Screwdriver is an incredible move, probably the most dangerous looking I've ever seen in wrestling. Did he ever hurt anyone with it? I'm curious as to why he stopped using it. I can't imagine many top guys would have wanted to take it but it was lethal looking.
I don't think he ever hurt anyone with it. There's been no reports about him injuring anyone with it, which is amazing considering (like you said) how dangerous a move it is.

As for why he stopped using it, I guess it would be due to him getting older and not being able to hold guys up there as long for the suplex part of the move.

The best backbreaker I can think of is Triple H's. It's a simple move but the way he lifts his opponent in the air, spins and drops them on his knee is beautiful. That move in the match against Michaels at Summerslam (I think?) is just perfect. For all the versions of the backbreaker over the years, I'm not sure any look as brutal as that when it's done right.
Bret Hart's backbreaker was always pretty damn crisp looking.