Global Force Wrestling

TNARVD

Right now, there is no network that carries Jeff Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling. It's stuck playing second fiddle to TNA on Destination America. It looks like things could get worse for TNA because Destination America is planning on eliminating pro wrestling from their programming. Ever since TNA lost their TV deal with Spike TV, it's been losing momentum and now they're sharing the spotlight with GFW. I'm just waiting for TNA to close shop and GFW to pick up where they left off. Maybe Spike TV would be willing to do business with Jeff Jarrett and carry GFW on their programming. So my question is this: is Jeff Jarrett about to run Dixie Carter out of business?

GFW seems a bit like a rebrand of TNA under former management, which isn't a bad thing because hopefully they will return to the style that made TNA good to watch, i am not sure they should have been involved with TNA though if a company who looks on its way out is helping you it might affect them

Dixie Carter screwed Dixie Carter...

In all seriousness chances are TNA are going to fail at some point, the signs all point to the fact it's run terribly so even if they maintained the numbers they have on DA (which they aren't by the way) the product is doomed financially. GFW will most likely take the talent from TNA but I'd suspect DA will not replace TNA with GFW unless Jeff can promise them a much cheaper taping cost along the lines of ROH.

If you were totally fair then you'd probably say that wrestling just isn't in favour of TV stations. It's not real sport, it's not reality TV, it's not really a soap opera and it's main component is violence. It's obviously still popular or the WWE wouldn't be doing so well but you can't sell wrestling based on a product another TV station has. Advertisers are still probably thinking that really they don't want to see themselves as a "wrestling fan" product since TV thinks all wrestling fans a fat, neckbearded, nerds. You really have to have something innovative that pushes your wrestling company so far beyond the indie scene to make an impact, TNA did it briefly but then somehow decided that how they got to the 2nd spot wasn't how they would stay there and then here we are...

Meh, it's a good show but it's not exactly breaking new boundaries.
I guess it depends on what boundaries we're looking at.

For me, the production style of the non-wrestling segments are breaking fresh ground and the show itself was nominated for an Emmy, which is definitely breaking new ground for a wrestling show.

It's not what the wrestling audience is crying out for. It's a niche I guess, a bit like ICW is. It fulfils a very certain need.
I suppose my judgement is clouded a bit due to where I frequent and discuss the show.

That being said, LU is generally considered as a breath of fresh air and the best western wrestling show on TV (a lot of the press cites LU and NXT as being the saviours of televised wrestling in 2015).

I am biased though.

It's still at it's core more of a Lucha show, I don't think that's what the main audience is looking for. It's a brilliant sideshow, it's hot sauce. You can't consume just hot sauce but it's nice to spice things up now and again. Again, that's not to say it's not a good show, it's not an opinion on the quality of the broadcast or how much you should enjoy it.

The context we're talking about is a show that gives the wrestling audience what they want. TNA did it back in the day with the X division, NXT is doing it to some degree with the fact it's promoting the best talent from the indies that people want to see in WWE (though it's not particularly innovative in it's booking etc).

I don't think any wrestling company can be particularly innovative with their booking and so on these days, without being a niche product. It's the age old adage of everything being a rerun of something that has been before. What makes NXT (and from what I've seen Lucha Underground) good is that everything happens in a timely and logical manner, although that in itself is a shocking indication of how sucky wrestling in general is. Everyone's getting hyped about the show because it's been that long since we've seen wrestling on TV that is actually sensibly booked, logically thought through, and given time to grow and develop in an organic manner.

What's also been good with NXT and Lucha Underground (to a degree) is that if something isn't working, they find a way to make it work by tweaking it instead of doggedly sticking to their guns and forcing the issue anyway.

When I saw photos of the ring it just come across to me as the next rebrand of TNA rather than a new Wrestling promotion. Kind of like Jeff Jarrett realising that changing TNA to Impact Wrestling would never work because it needs to be without Dixie Carter.

CKpB_JVUYAAdlR2.jpg:large

Then - Red

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/591/673/TNA-Logo-professional-wrestling-123479_1024_768_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

Now - Blue

http://www.wrestlezone.com/images/stories/2011/Library/Impact_Wrestling_New_Logo.jpg

Next - Green

http://wrestlingnewspost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/gfw-global-force-wrestling-logo.jpg

Why are they taping tv shows without a channel they must have one. To me they have a chance to be good being a tna fan in the past it seems like a good thing
Optimism? The possibility of having content ready once a TV deal is reached with a network? An online show like RoH had and ICW run now?