Are ye happy so far?

King

........with what the clubs ye support have done in the transfer window?

For me personally I am really happy with who we bought.

- Miller - Leader/Experience and can score goals

- Ings - He will score a few, not world class but he will put a shift in

- Big BEN - You know what I'm gonna say he's going to get 20+ goals this season

- Firmino - Not sure, could be awesome or shit

- Gomez - Really been impressive on pre-season, really like the look of this kid

- Clyne - Same as Gomez, we really needed a good player for years in that position.

I think Liverpool should be happy. For the first season in since Rodgers has been there they have bought well. They've got a ridiculously good fee for Sterling and used the cash to buy proven Premier League players in Benteke, Milner and Clyne and a player who I think could be excellent creatively in Firmino. The only problem is Man United have bought well too. So the race for the top four is going to be tighter than ever, its impossible to say who is going to miss out. Gun to my head right now I'd probably still say Liverpool at this stage.

As for my team, Wigan, we've dropped down to League 1 so its been massive upheaval. A lot of big earners have been moved on, which is fine as they weren't particularly playing for the shirt, and have been placed by a few loans and a few younger players. I can't really answer whether or not I am happy at this point because I don't know much about the players we have brought in and I'm yet to see them play, so I just have to trust that the club know what they are doing. The one player I am quite happy to see come in is Jonjoe Kenny on loan, who captained Everton's u21's last year. My mate is a massive Evertonian and assures me he is excellent. Reece James who came through United's academy has also signed, and he has apparently got a lot of potential too. So time will tell, but I'm not unhappy at this point.

I am not happy in the slightest

Obviously we had an FFP issue last season which really restricted us in the market, we sold our most creative player in midfield and we've signed a couple of trialists, I can't really say too much about them now other than I know very little about them. It was nice to hear Petshi had been impressive pre season but we'll have to wait and see what happens.

I don't want us to sell Rhodes or Gestede but it looks almost certain that one will go :(

• 2 weeks later...

Yes and no...

The biggest problem is the De Gea issue. United are sick of being bullied by Real and losing players to them and want him to go only if the deal involves Ramos. We have Romero who is decent and could go for Klassen next year as well and we need another centre back so fair enough. But in the mean time, Ramos could well be milking it for a better deal AND we have a player who could cause issues in the dressing room the longer it rolls on because LVG will keep him on the bench.

I'm actually happy Di Maria has gone for him mainly. It was clear after the issue at Christmas where there was an attempted break in at his home that his family never wanted to stay and even as a professional that plays on your mind. He got kicked the holy hell out of and picked up injuries and just didn't seem to fit in. Add to that his behaviour was becoming to be a problem on the pitch and then his antics after Copa America in engineering his move and if it hadn't have gone through it would have been an issue in the dressing room.

Likewise whilst I loved RVP, he was starting to wane, injuries are returning and something has occurred, god knows what, between him and LVG so it is better he goes now, gets some good money and football before he retires and both parties move on. Nani was deadweight in the end and some of the youngsters have left who deserve a break and go elsewhere.

But we have signed a promising youngster in Memphis, proven PL experience and quality in Morgan Schneiderlin, the excellent Bastian Schweinsteiger who I feel will prove Pep wrong and the ridiculously underrated Matteo Darmian as well as a proven international keeper in Romero. But we need another striker, we still need a centre back AND I would love to get Pedro who I believe whilst not in the same class as Messi, Suarez and Neymar is still a great player who brings goals, assists, pace and versatility to a front line.

Its still a work in progress but I still think we will finish top four and have not panic bought like a certain neighbour of ours *cough* £49m for Sterling *cough*

Archived