WWE: Will it get any better?

Jayfunk

When you say "wrestling", do you mean wrestling or just WWE?

The reason I ask is that while there is a lot to get annoyed about on the main-roster of WWE, NXT is usually on the money, Lucha Underground is awesome and there are loads of other non-WWE promotions that seem to get it right more often than not.

When you say "wrestling", do you mean wrestling or just WWE?

I'm referring to just the mainstream content, ie Raw, SD, PPV, TNA (laughable, I know). I think it's a safe bet to assume that's what people are referring to when they say wrestling is crap these days.

I'm referring to just the mainstream content, ie Raw, SD, PPV, TNA (laughable, I know). I think it's a safe bet to assume that's what people are referring to when they say wrestling is crap these days.
Yeah; it's a shame that a blanket statement overlooks the less mainstream content that's out there (NXT, LU, NJPW and the really rather good non-televised wrestling dotted across the country - not to mention ICW on YouTube, etc).

It's similar to when people say that Hollywood (which is the catch-all term for movies) is just comic-books, reboots and sequels. It might appear that way because they are the films that get the most attention, but there are literally hundreds of films released every year (with comic-book adaptations being no more than 2-3% of those) and you will find something that appeals to you.

The problem with wrestling... mainly WWE is that there really is no reason to worry about putting on a bad show. They have no competitors. I like the independent shows, all the little house shows are great to go to and are more enjoyable than some of the big wwe shows, but on tv when raw had to fight with nitro, it put out an option and made both companies try.. and try hard!! wwe seems to be happy just maintaining the course, because there are no waves to make it rocky out there.

I think it's also down to the fact there's little to no guidance from elsewhere on what works, fans are reactive, we can only tell them when they've put on bad work afterwards. Creative still have to sit down and plan out angles etc ahead of time and with very little out there for them to gauge where wrestling is going everyone ironically looks at the WWE to see the state of wrestling. the price of being "the best" is you get judged the hardest, your average days are deemed poor but you have to be world class to get the recognition. WWE isn't terrible, it's just average wrestling booking currently.

WWE are terrible. They're terrible. In-ring is fine, but the booking is the worst its ever been aside from some good stuff sprinkled in, overall, the booking is awful. They continue to rush things, they continue to drop things without reason, they continue to do even-steven booking and wonder why guys dont get over (you'll NEVER get over unless you win, fact), they dont flesh out peoples gimmicks, they are worse than ever at forcing people to use WWE-isms, the announcers stink, the promos are generally the sh*ts.

So yeah, its not average wrestling booking, its f*cking terrible.

I just disagree, there's nothing terrible, this isn't TNA levels of terrible, meaningless bullshit. It's just "meh". There's nothing interesting going on and the choices being made are all safe with a few exceptions surfacing from NXT. This isn't a trainwreck, it's a delayed service stuck between stations in a tunnel. Nothing is going on and there's nothing to see.

WWE can be fixed, but they have to stop relying on the older guys... last nights explosion between Brock and Taker was awesome... the hype maybe be awesome... but come Summerslam do you think the match is going to go well? Did you see the size of the brace on Taker's right knee... do you think Taker is going to go to suplex city? They have to be more creative..YES.. but they have to do it with new faces. They are going to waste Bray, Neville, Owens, and so on...

I just disagree, there's nothing terrible, this isn't TNA levels of terrible, meaningless bullshit. It's just "meh". There's nothing interesting going on and the choices being made are all safe with a few exceptions surfacing from NXT. This isn't a trainwreck, it's a delayed service stuck between stations in a tunnel. Nothing is going on and there's nothing to see.
Fair enough, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying for me, this sh*t is terrible. I dont bother with TNA, but the last show I watched wasn't any worse than WWE stuff, they are no worse as a product, just an awful business. Meh is terrible. Not caring means its crap doesnt it? If its boring, if nothing is happening, doesnt that mean is trash?

The Lesnar/Taker brawl was great, almost everything Lesnar is involved in is really good. Apart from his stuff, for the most part, I'd happily not watch anything else to do with them.

I mean, yeah, meh isn't good. Being bland and predictable is not good at all. TNA just did an angle where a female wrestler was pushed under a train. That's terrible. Romain Reigns V Bray Wyatt or Big Show V anybody at this stage isn't "terrible" booking, it's just not interesting booking. We just know what we're going to get.

sometimes its terrible

Battlegorund:

Booking the endings of the Cena vs Owen or Cena vs Rusev matches were pretty terrible, making the world title meaningless at the end of the PPV also terrible

Edited by Magic

To be fair, instances of terrible booking aren't that common, the problem is that it's consistently just flat, with hardly any excellent booking to stand out. The Shield and the Wyatts stand out as the last bit of good booking I can think of.