Wimbledon 2015

Laffy

I have to say it was a shame the young girl lost against Venus Williams as she had quite possibly the tightest pair of shorts ever made it was like they had shrunk in the wash quite staggering in today's day and age.

It isn't really that much of a shock is it as he has crashed out in the last three/Four year to players ranked one hundred or above. He has not been the same since his back and wrist injury. I feel his career is now dwindling/winding to an end.

Agreed with Laff, this wan't really a shock. A minor upset but, for me at least, one that wasn't all that hard to see coming giving his past few years at Wimbledon. He just can't play on grass anymore, his knees can't handle it. He can get by on clay where he can slide, but on grass he's horribly exposed.
  • Champion 1

To add to the above: When the draw for Wimbledon was made, someone asked me if I'd seen it. I replied no. He said that the headline on all the papers was that Nadal and Murray would meet in the quarter-finals. I said that's the wrong headline. Nadal wont get there. I regretted it afterwards because I assumed that because of his ranking Nadal would be facing a top-8 player who would beat him in the fourth round (and he was due to) but Ferrer pulled out with an injury and I actually thought Nadal would be too good for everyone else in that section and make the quarters.

The seeded semi-final of Djokovic and Wawrinka is looking very likely now. Kevin Anderson is Djokovic's next opponent and although he is very good on grass, is in good form and has a very good serve, I don't think he will trouble Novak. Murray took him apart in the Queens final and I think Djokovic will do the same. Cilic is the seeded quarter-final opponent if he gets through. He's a genuine test on grass but back-to-back five-matches aren't going to help him.

Wawrinka should beat Goffin and then it's Kyrgios or Gasquet which could be a quality quarter-final but I fancy Stan to get through.

Federer has a nice draw but a quarter-final against Berdych or Monfils would be a test. Tsonga looms large in Murray's section and a possible fourth round meeting with him looks like the biggest hurdle in his way of reaching the seeded Murray v Federer semi-final. It's shaping up to be a good tournament in the latter stages.

I'm surprised they didn't put Raonic vs. Kyrgios on the show courts. You had two impressive up-and-comers who looked like they'd put on a good match.

Kevin Anderson is Djokovic's next opponent and although he is very good on grass, is in good form and has a very good serve, I don't think he will trouble Novak. Murray took him apart in the Queens final and I think Djokovic will do the same.

Well he didn't but he got the job done. I only saw the deciding set so I'm not too sure how he played overall. He was a bit flat and unimpressive in what I did see but he won.