Should Dolph Ziggler leave WWE?

The Fury

Fair enough big Matt I watched a news thing on the YouTube said that he hadn't. But I guess he had also dc / megs come on guys,like you have never asked for a source before so get off the high horse now

Just check the wttv news was posted a day ago. Check it out on YouTube so to be fair you said weeks ago

Edited by bigmatt

Ditto.

Just check the wttv news was posted a day ago. Check it out on YouTube so to be fair you said weeks ago
Uproxx

That was posted two days ago and specifically states (in quotation marks no less) that he signed weeks ago.

All you had to do was Google "dolph ziggler resigns" (with the last word actually covering both eventualities) and you would have seen hit after hit talking about how he had signed a new deal.

Edited by bigmatt

When someone post a report it's not for anyone else to prove it it's the job of the poster to prove it. You wouldn't get away with it in any other thing

It's not anyone's job to prove anything to you Jay, you aren't that important. If you doubt the validity of what someone is saying then fact check it yourself and if you then feel the person is making it up ask them for a source. You NEVER..... EEEEEEEEVER post a source when you put something up that you want. When you said TNA's ratings were up you posted no evidence at all. You are making yourself look really foolish now. Man up, admit you couldn't be arsed to google it and move on.

Dude, do you need a timeline?

1. Last Week: Reports coming in Dolph Ziggler's contract is coming to an end

2. Few days ago: Reports that Ziggler re-signed weeks ago.

3. Yesterday: Interview with Ziggler in which he claims to have not signed a contract.

You all were having an argument during phase 2. Jay, stop being a dick now and move on.

• Like 1
  • Champion 1

Why? The amount of stick I got when I said the opposite, I have the right to say something considering Megz and DC were on my back. I'm not being a dick at all.
At the time, the most up-to-date reports were stating you were wrong and, after reading them, YOU agreed that you were wrong, so don't act like you were there with a press-pass getting the scoop.

You read the same shit we do... only a wee bit after we do.

Why? The amount of stick I got when I said the opposite, I have the right to say something considering Megz and DC were on my back. I'm not being a dick at all.

The most ironic thing is that we you said "SOURCE" and said it was our job to prove it. You didn't post a source, so in fact we're all entitled to call you a liar and to go prove your point. I think what everyone is saying Jay is once again you've proven you couldn't make a point if you had a 2b and a pencil sharpener.

Dude, do you need a timeline?

1. Last Week: Reports coming in Dolph Ziggler's contract is coming to an end

2. Few days ago: Reports that Ziggler re-signed weeks ago.

3. Yesterday: Interview with Ziggler in which he claims to have not signed a contract.

You all were having an argument during phase 2. Jay, stop being a dick now and move on.

Yep and just to add, PWInsider get quite a bit wrong but one thing they do have is that WWE obviously uses them to get stuff out into the public domain that they want out. The Sting will be at Survivor Series news being the most obvious recently. When someone on a podcast last week said that Dolph Ziggler's contract was up in a few months (which was known) and that he was very seriously considering leaving (which wasn't). The fact that PWInsider very quickly put up a story saying that in actual fact, not only was Dolph re-signing but he had actually done it weeks ago, it looked very much like WWE fed them the story. "People are speculating that Ziggler's going to TNA or ROH, nip this in the bud".

At the time Meltzer wrote that someone in WWE had told him the same thing but he couldn't get anyone higher up to confirm it. And then Ziggler denied it in public.

EDIT: I've given this a thread of its own. Let's move past the who said what stuff and concentrate on whether Dolph should re-sign with WWE or try his luck elsewhere?

Edited by bigmatt

If I was Dolph, I'd only resign if I could get some kind of promise of an opportunity. They've cut his legs out from underneath him that often that I'd take this as my one last chance to do what I want to do in a hope of getting over regardless of what the office try to do. Adopt the Punk/Bryan mentality of "they're not gonna do anything for me, in fact they want to see me fail. I'm gonna make sure that doesn't happen".

I know Dolph got into trouble for running his mouth before, before he's not really got anything to lose this time. I'd be booking an appointment with Vince (or camping out outside his office until he agrees to see me) and then laying down in no uncertain terms exactly where I want to take my character.

Personally (it can't happen now because Dolph is a loved face), I think they really missed the boat with the whole #HEEL thing from a few years ago. That could've gotten HUGE if WWE had gone along with it, and it's pretty obvious Dolph came up with the whole gimmick himself. That to me suggests he has some great ideas gimmick-wise, he's just been kinda shoehorned into this weird 80s rocker thing they've got going on with him (incidentally WWE, it's "Megadeth" no Megadeath. Pfft).

But then that's indicative of the deeper problem of talent rarely being given licence to come up with their own material and gimmicks.

When I think of Dolph Ziggler in WWE, two words come to mind - "missed opportunities". Those two words have become synonymous with Dolph's WWE career and Ziggler is a perfect example of what is wrong with WWE's present day booking. What's even sadder is that, in my opinion, it seems as though the fans have given up on WWE doing anything productive with Dolph and I include myself in that statement.

With that said, there is a big different between "should Dolph Ziggler leave WWE?" and "will Dolph Ziggler leave WWE?". If Dolph stays in WWE, it's likely going to be much of the same for the rest of his career. He's going to keep sliding further down the roster and getting passed over for opportunities. If Dolph leaves WWE, he will certainly be making less money and be lesser known, but he will be given better opportunities (as far as championships and success go, that is). Now, should Dolph Ziggler leave WWE? I say no. I think Dolph's best shot at becoming a big star in the business is in WWE. The advantage of being in WWE over other companies is that there is more than one way to become a big star. Dolph could use his WWE career to transition into a movie career or use it as a WWE to fuel a career in stand-up comedy. I also think that the WWE Network offers a unique opportunity for a wrestler to showcase their talents outside the ring. So, basically, Dolph has more options for success in WWE. It all comes down to what Ziggler wants at this stage of his career.