What Is Your Favourite Conspiracy Theory?

Spiritchaser

I tend to detest them all, because they detract attention from the real issues. Having said that, they do give me a lot of people to laugh at, my favorite being the anti-vaxers because they're just so uninformed and, frankly, stupid. I feel sorry for their kids though.

I really don't like conspiracy theorists who immediately react to horrific incidents like Sandy Hook and dismiss them as being false. There's something really cheap and tasteless about that but other than that sort of thing, I find conspiracy theories pretty interesting. There's no major theory, like the mood landings, JFK's assassination, 9/11 etc. that I believe in but I quite enjoy the debate about them even if I typically think one side is absolutely crazy.

I'm not too sure whether it counts as a proper conspiracy but there was a BBC documentary about Bin Laden on the other week that I think is possibly true. The theory goes that the Pakistani government knew about his whereabouts and didn't want to act but let the Americans do it instead, something I think is perfectly acceptable given the risk of terrorism in Pakistan. How long they knew about him, I don't know, but I think it's possible that they knew where he was, told the Americans and let them kill him rather than do it themselves and face the repercussions.

My favourite conspiracy theory has to be the lizard overlords. Its so out there and just 'what?' I think there are things we dont know about 9/11, JFK and the like but do we actually need to know everything? Illuminati and the other one I cant remember the name of (skull and bones maybe) if they do exist are secret sociaties for a reason. Just like the freemasons (2nd biggest charitable donations in the UK behind the lottery btw) they have their secrets and people just assume that means controlling the world.

I do think some are more realistic than others though. I have watched a lot about 9/11 and was convinced the collapse was 'unnatural' but then watched a show on channel 5 which explained it all through science and I was then just confused as it could be what happened but then the conspiracy dies. I have heard a few bits about JFK and I am intrigued and would like to find out more.

Anyone seen the movie Zeitgeist? Love it if you like conspiracies.

The bullet that killed JFK is demonstrably not magic, there was no need for a second shooter. On the other hand, that doesn't preclude LHO being manipulated by the CIA or some other agency and his death is certainly convenient.

I think most of the stuff we don't know around 9/11 concerns intelligence specifics of how much the agencies suspected/were aware of, before hand, which is understandable from 2 aspects.

1) They don't want potential threats to know how good or bad their intel was.

2) They don't want the shitstorm which would hit if the general public knew what they may have known. For instance, even if they knew a plane based attack on the twin towers was possibly being planned, without knowledge of who and when, it's not a whole lot of good, but the general public would loose their minds that it wasn't prevented, because the general public is too stupid to know better.

the 9/11 things is definately strange. there is a point where 2 of the plans would of passed over the same military base at pretty much the same time. Would this not be looked into as military bases are no fly zones and there are 2 passenger planes within 10 mins of each other? The aftermath is strange as well. Bush got the whole Bin Laden family out of the country immediately instead of holding them to discuss Osama and his whereabouts etc.

ETZ i agree though if the public found out what the government did or didnt know about the whole thing there would be hell to pay.

Archived