TNA Slammiversary XIII 2015 Discussion Thread - June 28, 2015 from Impact Zone, Orlando, Fl (#11)

Kam

440px-Slammiversary2015.jpg

King of the Mountain match

Jeff Jarrett (with Karen Jarrett) vs. Matt Hardy vs. Eric Young vs.Drew Galloway vs. Bobby Roode

Non-sanctioned match

James Storm vs. Magnus

Jessie Godderz vs. Robbie E

3-on-2 Handicap match

The Dollhouse (Taryn Terrell, Jade and Marti Bell) vs. Awesome Kong and Brooke

Lashley and Mr. Anderson vs. Ethan Carter III and Tyrus

Bram vs. Matt Morgan

Davey Richards (with Eddie Edwards) vs. Austin Aries (with Bobby Roode)*

*Singles match; where the winner get to pick the stipulation for Match #5 in The Best of Series

Slammiversary airs live on Challenge on Monday at 1am UK

PPV 8/7c USA

COW has an interview with Mr Anderson who talks WWE, his departure, Destination American, RoH and more:

Edited by bigmatt

Yeah, its nothing, it should be wow Jarrent (TNA Legend) makes TNA return in the match he created! its not a problem its a good thing and another reason to watch the KOTM match.

Do you really think Jeff Jarrett returning to TNA will do a lot for Slammiversary?

EDIT: Card added.

Edited by bigmatt

Do you really think Jeff Jarrett returning to TNA will do a lot for Slammiversary?
It's TNA; nothing does anything for them. The ratings stay relatively the same and have done pretty much ever since they got a TV deal.

I reckon jayfunk may slightly have a point because it's Jerrett. I had zero interest in this until Jerrett appeared so I am kinda wanting to see how they book him in his last match. Had this been anyone else then nobody would care. With that being said I really don't care at all about the ppv and the rest of the matches.

It has the net talking about as in 'oh okay curious to see how this plays out' but nothing more

But will it get buys? Hell no

I reckon jayfunk may slightly have a point because it's Jerrett.
Out of all the wrestlers in history, how can you spell Jarrett's name wrong. :lol

Also, I checked out TNA's website and it's not the #1 Contendership they're fighting for in the KotM match.

"The twists and turns continue as it relates to Slammiversary and the return of The King of The Mountain Match. Last night we announced who will be competing and you heard from Bobby Roode, Matt Hardy, Eric Young, Drew Galloway and even Jeff Jarrett. Now we can announce that those competing Sunday will be competing for The BRAND New King of The Mountain Championship!"

So that suggests that they're having a championship that can only be defended in a King of the Mountain match. Which in turn means they're either cheapening the one unique gimmick they still have left, or they're gonna have a title belt that is defended maybe once a year.

I'm not even being "lolTNA" as Jay likes to put it, I just find everything they're doing recently utterly ridiculous.

Is it not just like the Andre match at mania the reward is a belt rather than a trophy maybe the winner will defend it each year

Or in fact king of the ring. It just gives the person the right to be called king of the mountain for a year it's not a stupid as it seems especially as wwe as two things much like it.

Edited by dsrchris

Well yeah, if it is just you earn the right to be "King of the Mountain" for a year, then by all means use that as a basis to give someone a push. Like Jay said, that doesn't make it any different to being King of the Ring. Just the word "championship" immediately brings up connotations of a title belt or trophy or something defendable.

All the people in the match have been main event guys for TNA with the exception of Galloway, I can;t see him winning since he's not a permanent roster member (AFAIK). As I said before, TNA are desperately trying to maintain already poor numbers to prove they are a better deal than ROH (who get lower numbers but are cheaper) and getting Jarrett to come back for KOTM to either make an invasion angle or rubber stamp someone smacks of playing for the cheapest pop AND it being rushed together.

exception of Galloway, I can;t see him winning since he's not a permanent roster member (AFAIK).
He's definitely not exclusive to TNA and as he's a champion with ICW, SWA, DGUSA, Evolve, Danish Pro Wrestling and Outback Championship Wrestling in Australia.

That's a lot of non-TNA commitments, so Drew could take time away from the promotion regularly... which, knowing TNA, will make him the ideal candidate for this in the eyes of management.

I don't think they'll do good numbers for this at all. They'll lose their deal and talent and end up being number 3 or 4 promotion in the world within months
There's a case to be made that they are already number 3. I'd wager NJPW are a bigger deal and better drawing than TNA?
I guess it depends on whether you base it on basic attendance / box-office receipts or worldwide exposure.