WWE RAW Discussion Thread - June 29, 2015 from Washington, D.C. (#1154)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, June 29, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, June 30, at 12AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.

Confirmed Matches/Events

No DQ:

Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins & Kane

Build to WWE Battleground

Edited by TPIB

Bad news for Raw numbers - Record low hit

Tuesday, 30 June 2015 14:00

Raw last night did 3.46 million viewers, the second lowest non-holiday number for the show since 1997, meaning it even fell below games against the NFL.

The only non-holiday Raw below, on December 3, 2012, went against a monster ratings for a New York Giants vs. Washington Redskins game.

If there is a positive, the numbers for the second straight week grew during the show and peaked in the final hour.

What makes this number even worse is that competition was non-existent, aside from the usual Love & Hip Hop Atlanta 4, and there was nothing of note when it came to sports competition, with a baseball game head-to-head on ESPN doing 669,000 viewers.

Raw was still the highest rated show on cable.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.36 million viewers

9 p.m. 3.48 million viewers

10 pm.. 3.54 million viewers

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/43347-bad-news-for-raw-numbers-record-low-hit-

WWE is in one of those weird phases where they seem paralysed to actually pull the trigger on anything. It's like they;ve gone "Ok guys, Brock's coming back so until then we;re not doing anything because.... Brock Lesnar, I guess?".

But that's the thing, they've got a lot of talented guys, but they haven't managed to transition any of them (so far) into being a bona fide star. I guess Seth and Dean are the closest to that at the moment, but they're still a long way off.

I also stand by something I've been saying for a while, WWE don't want to create mainstream stars because they know if someone gets too popular in the mainstream, then chances are they'll leave to make movies (or whatever they choose to do) instead of staying with WWE. It's like Vince has (reportedly) said for a while "no one wrestler is bigger than the WWE".

So yeah, talent for days is running rife in WWE, but it's all being underutilised. We're getting better, because things like Owen's recent run is suggesting that certain folks are getting less controlled with what they have to say and do, but we're still a million miles away from where they could/should be.

I don't believe WWE have not created new stars, I mean you have Seth, Roman, Dean, Bray, Owens, Neville all in top spots. It's just WWE's inept booking that has ruined everything

Neville is going no where, he is this years matt sydall thats all