Is it just me....

The Beltster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...or has there been a massive downturn in activity around here since the name switch? This place always seemed body but since then, its practically dead.
I've been thinking the same that pretty much all of the forums have been unusually quiet.

Normally E3 would have the videogame section buzzing, but there wasn't much going on there at all. I imagine the Sports Forum will pick up when the football season starts again and the Entertainment Forum to gain traction when Fall Season starts in the US.

The wrestling side of things is probably down to TNA still not doing too well (even though the in-ring stuff has been pretty good in 2015), WWE treading water for the most part and not enough people watching NXT or Lucha Underground to care about posting.

I think really that it's difficult to essentially open a brand new forum that isn't based upon one specific topic. I love F1 but I talk to be about it on FB groups. I don't even belong to an F1 forum. I actually only really post on here for the wrestling, a bit of gen chat when decent threads pop up and maybe in sports when something particularly interests me in football/F1.

That said I think if you can stick at it people will find their way here and stick about. What the site probably needs right now is some people who will post new threads regularly outside of the wrestling forum that aren't essentially just about copy and pasting a news article they've found on FB etc. If the site can get people having 6-7 page debates that don't descend into argument I think people who turn up for the FWL etc might join in and keep it going.

Did you watch from the start or just a few of the later episodes?

from the start, but like I said I think im just getting fed up altogether. theres nothing in wrestling besides wrestlemania and brocks returns that excite me anymore and the odd unannounced special appearances like when the rock interrupted rusev and lana.

I would advise you to give Lucha Underground another go, but don't go in with the mindset that it's just a wrestling program and enjoy the uber-dramatic telenovela-style backstage segments that are amazingly effective.

I have to admit I've not given TWO much focus, if any since the changes, most of my attention has been focused on COW.

Personally I'm bored senseless with WWE although I rather enjoyed the FWL...and will be making it more competitive next season (changes to be announced soon).

We do have a lot of good contributors here but the activity is a little too quiet at the moment and the summer period won't help things :lol:

There is definitely plenty of work I still need to do. One area I'm hoping to start with is building some partnerships with cult entertainment niche sites (could be focused on specific tv/movies/games etc).

If anyone has more suggestions/ideas, let me know.

I love this site but have never really been 'active' on here. I cant follow WWE or TNA properly (currently 3 shows behind on TNA and WWE is only on youtube except PPV's) I did use to follow most of the threads when the app was there. My main issue is I dont have time at work to log on and follow everything where as the app I would look at on the train, in traffic basically whenever I was free.

If the app was sorted out I would definately be more active. As it is the overall activity does seem to have dropped off a bit so i come to the site, not much has happened so i go again.

I have'nt really posted too much in years, this forum was a big part of my life growing up. So I think I will always lurk. I am always lurking in hope one day the e-fed springs back to life. (A guy can dream)

I always say I am going to post more but then forgetting about the site for a couple of weeks and then going back to just lurking. Not really as much interest as I did have in WWE. Now only really watching because the girlfriend is in love with it. I hope the site grows again to what it was but I think it's gonna have a harder time with Twitter and Facebook. This forum is too awesome to be this dead.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think that's the reason I think when you had maxx Hancock Denton mitch all stop posting it hurt the place. Paul barely posts he was a big part of the forums. Also I think this place tends to be a bit cliquey at times. From my pov I can predict that every time I post megs and dc will always reply just out of habit

The cliques have actually died, if anyone had really noticed. Denton, Nimf, Maxx all went and they were really the last "group" of people that had some shared connection off site. Ironically Jay's terrible posts at least provide for some reason to respond. I think what the forum is missing is people who can actually strong together a coherent argument. The newer posters seem to fire out a couple of lines here and there but it's nearly impossible to get any discussion going or to get them to share any reasoning behind what they post. Other Sports is probably one of the better sub-forums as most of the posters there bother with actually giving reasons and explanations or can at least have some kind of banter, except the people who endlessly post lists with no comment that just kill the flow of a thread.

Other Sports could be so much better than what it is too. There's untapped potential in there but I've just got so much on at work at the moment that I'm finding it tough to get the time and energy to push it. King and Bigmatt do great work in there but I know it could be even better. There's a lot going on at the moment like the Ashes, Le Tour, Wimbledon etc, that even without the football season there's no reason not to have a few decent threads on the go. Hopefully going forward I can get back to driving it.