UFC 188

Jack

Did anyone else watch this last night? I stayed up late watching the boxing that was on and managed to catch the main event, with Werdum beating Velasquez. It was a pretty entertaining fight but Werdum was clearly the superior fighter. Is there any money in a rematch? And if so, can Cain do anything to reverse the decision, maybe when he's in better shape and isn't rusty, or is Werdum just the superior fighter?

Werdum fought the superior fight, but he's not the superior fighter. Werdum was also smart, he went and lived and trained in Mexico city for 5-6 weeks before the fight, got used to that horrific altitude, Cain turned up a week ago and wasn't used to it so his amazing cardio was non-existent. Somebody said Cain turned up to his home land like a tourist and paid the price. Add to that he had almost 2 years off etc, doesnt help. If they have a re-match in Vegas, Cain will batter him.

Looked to me like Cain willingly gave up his neck to get choked so it would be over. He's too smart to stick his neck out that far on a takedown with a guy like Werdum.

Do you think there was anything to those rumours that Cain was carrying an injury coming to the fight?

Do you think they will do an immediate rematch? They have Arlovski and JDS both in a position for those rematches with Werdum.

Cain is injury prone so I'd never be surprised if he was, cant use it as an excuse though, if you turn up to fight you're saying you're ready.

Nah, no re-match. Werdum has Arlovski as you said and JDS, JDS will beat him up I'd imagine and take the belt. Cain lost pretty one sided, doesnt deserve a re-match in that regard.

I have to say I thought that Cain was gonna get the win, I thought he'd beat Werdum standing and even in a rematch I wouldn't expect much in the way of takedowns etc, Werdum is one of the few heavyweight elites who is really good off of his back.

The fatigue and ring rust will have been the main factor though if they rematch. Werdum does seem to be much more effective on his feet against Cain than I thought he would so I don't think the return would be as cut and dry wherever it takes place!

Did anyone else see Chael Sonnens comments about Joe Rogan being a d*** and how he would have head butted him if he had been asked to translate after being beaten for his title! Funny but also I agree that it's a straight up s***** thing to do

Archived