was the greatest years in WWE/F between 1988 - 1996 ?

E.P

demolition, mr.perfect , LOD, the model rick martel ....so many great characters that seem to be lacking in WWE in 2015... .....my pick for a great year was 1993 ....your thoughts ?

1993, the year of WrestleMania IX and Yoko v Luger main-eventing Summerslam? Really?

1992 was a better year (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and Summerslam were all better in 1992 than 1993) and, for me, it was the best year of the period you mention. 1998-2001 was a better period in general though (for me at least).

Edited by DC

90, 91, 92. Hogan, savage, warrior, perfect, rude, l.o.d., slaughter having to wear a bullet proof vest. 93, 94 and 95 were really bad for them I think. it started to pick up in 96, shawn michaels had some great matches. michaels vs mankind at mindgames is still one of my favourite matches to this day.

90, 91, 92. Hogan, savage, warrior, perfect, rude, l.o.d., slaughter having to wear a bullet proof vest. 93, 94 and 95 were really bad for them I think. it started to pick up in 96, shawn michaels had some great matches. michaels vs mankind at mindgames is still one of my favourite matches to this day.
There was a great little skit (during the release of the Rise & Fall of WCW DVD) where Dusty Rhodes was with DX shilling the product and looking at some bad ideas in the company, when it was brought up that WCW overtook WWE and ran a lead from 1996-1998 (when Shawn was on top) and then WWE started the fightback after WrestleMania XIV, which was the day after Shawn's last match.

There was a great little skit (during the release of the Rise & Fall of WCW DVD) where Dusty Rhodes was with DX shilling the product and looking at some bad ideas in the company, when it was brought up that WCW overtook WWE and ran a lead from 1996-1998 (when Shawn was on top) and then WWE started the fightback after WrestleMania XIV, which was the day after Shawn's last match.

I bet that hurt his ego lol. I think shawn tried his hardest but wcw pulled out an ace with the n w o angle.

I know its all opinion based but 93...wow, that was one of the worst years of that era.

The mid to late 80's for me, hard to pick a year...I'd probably have to go with the entire 88/89 Mega Powers arc, it was awesome. Best year of the 90's was 1990. Warriors championship win and run, the best Rumble, Mania, SummerSlam & Survivor Series EVER all in the same year? Thats unreal.

I bet that hurt his ego lol. I think shawn tried his hardest but wcw pulled out an ace with the n w o angle.
I think it must have hurt his pride that the Attitude Era really kicked off after his first retirement, when he, as part of the original DX, laid the groundwork for that mentality, but had to miss out on the whole thing.

I think it must have hurt his pride that the Attitude Era really kicked off after his first retirement, when he, as part of the original DX, laid the groundwork for that mentality, but had to miss out on the whole thing.

he was alright as the commissioner, I remember when vince won the rumble then gave up his mania match. then shawn and Austin where in shawns house and vinces plan backfired. brilliant.

i think it was out of shawn,s hands staying around in WWF in the attitude era [ injury or not ] , everyone in the locker room hated him and wanted him gone

I know its all opinion based but 93...wow, that was one of the worst years of that era.

The mid to late 80's for me, hard to pick a year...I'd probably have to go with the entire 88/89 Mega Powers arc, it was awesome. Best year of the 90's was 1990. Warriors championship win and run, the best Rumble, Mania, SummerSlam & Survivor Series EVER all in the same year? Thats unreal.

I understand why you say WWF 1993 was lame but that was the year of change....Hogan was history and new stars were shaping the future....thanks for replying, I,m grateful

i think it was out of shawn,s hands staying around in WWF in the attitude era [ injury or not ] , everyone in the locker room hated him and wanted him gone
If he wasn't injured, he would have remained a major part of main-event scene and the leader of DX, although I believe The New Age Outlaws and X-Pace would still have joined after WMXIV.

1993, the year of WrestleMania XIX and Yoko v Luger main-eventing Summerslam? Really?

1992 was a better year (Royal Rumble, WrestleMania and Summerslam were all better in 1992 than 1993) and, for me, it was the best year of the period you mention. 1998-2001 was a better period in general though (for me at least).

yeah you got a point [ lex vs yoko ]....but hey we got micheals vs perfect .....dream match right ? ....btw, the summerslam match was only a taste of the dream match....if you want to see how great it could have been...then check out on dailymotion .com the bootleg house show match they had....dammmm !!!!!!

I understand why you say WWF 1993 was lame but that was the year of change....Hogan was history and new stars were shaping the future....thanks for replying, I,m grateful
My favourite wrestler ever is Hogan, so Hogan being history and a bunch of mid carders taking over didn't fill me with excitement I'll be honest.

And an massively overweight Shawn Michaels vs a washed up Mr Perfect in a match with a lame finish at SummerSlam wasn't anything to write home about either.

If he wasn't injured, he would have remained a major part of main-event scene and the leader of DX, although I believe The New Age Outlaws and X-Pace would still have joined after WMXIV.

true what your saying but shawn,s attitude had become unbearable in WWF ....check out BAM BAM BIGELOW SHOOT on youtube, shawn was in trouble with everyone so I can,t see how he could have stayed in WWE/F

What I will give 1993 credit for is the great King of the Ring PPV; three really good Bret Hart matches and a better-than-expected Hogan v Yoko rematch (which Hogan deserves credit for in relation to the amount of offence Yokozuna had and that he appeared outmatched the whole way through - essentially, Yokozuna was the one who killed Hulkamania in the WWF).

My favourite wrestler ever is Hogan, so Hogan being history and a bunch of mid carders taking over didn't fill me with excitement I'll be honest.

And an massively overweight Shawn Michaels vs a washed up Mr Perfect in a match with a lame finish at SummerSlam wasn't anything to write home about either.

dude perfect washed up in 1993 ????.....check him out on dailymotion perfect vs shawn micheals bootleg house show match ...you will change your opinion

true what your saying but shawn,s attitude had become unbearable in WWF ....check out BAM BAM BIGELOW SHOOT on youtube, shawn was in trouble with everyone so I can,t see how he could have stayed in WWE/F
Because he was the top dog, DX were a merchandise-selling machine, the rematch with Austin would have been huge business and Shawn had been displaying that attitude for over 2yrs at the point he left, so it obviously didn't come into play then.

dude perfect washed up in 1993 ????.....check him out on dailymotion perfect vs shawn micheals bootleg house show match ...you will change your opinion
Why would he change his opinion of the SummerSlam match based on a house show event that is completely separate?

What I will give 1993 credit for is the great King of the Ring PPV; three really good Bret Hart matches and a better-than-expected Hogan v Yoko rematch (which Hogan deserves credit for in relation to the amount of offence Yokozuna had and that he appeared outmatched the whole way through - essentially, Yokozuna was the one who killed Hulkamania in the WWF).

dammm.... dude your right....yoko killed the original hulkamania .....I cryed when I saw the KOTR match [ yeah I,m a pussy...lol ]

Perfect was washed up after he retired in 1991. He had good matches occasionally, generally when he was carried by other good wrestlers, but he was done bro. Shawn may have pulled a good match out of him on a house show just like Bret did at KotR, but overall, he was horrible after 1991.

Why would he change his opinion of the SummerSlam match based on a house show event that is completely separate?

because of time on the PPV and what they could do in that match....it was just a taste of the great match....JUST CHECK OUT THE HOUSE SHOW MATCH...IF YOU NEED THE LINK GIVE ME A SHOUT

Perfect was washed up after he retired in 1991. He had good matches occasionally, generally when he was carried by other good wrestlers, but he was done bro. Shawn may have pulled a good match out of him on a house show just like Bret did at KotR, but overall, he was horrible after 1991.

horrible after 1991 ????....perfect could still go depending on who he was wrestling....check him out wrestling bret hart in WCW or Jericho in WCW

horrible after 1991 ????....perfect could still go depending on who he was wrestling....check him out wrestling bret hart in WCW or Jericho in WCW

:lol Mate, are you actually reading what I'm writing or are you ignoring it? Yes, he was horrible after 1991 but he could still have the occasional good match with the right guy, thats what I just said...so you're agreeing with me!

:lol: Mate, are you actually reading what I'm writing or are you ignoring it? Yes, he was horrible after 1991 but he could still have the occasional good match with the right guy, thats what I just said...so you're agreeing with me!

your opinion / my opinion kinda thing here.....btw, perfect was NEVER horrible in the ring.