The Jose/Roman Debate

Jayfunk

He is a very good manager but hardly being challenged at Chelsea. You could win the prem with them. It's hardly Aberdeen it's hardly taking a team that were 4th from bottom and turning that team into the greatest team in prem history

Wait my aberdeen got a mention in the prem league thread? :lol:

I rate Jose. He will stay at Chelsea until he wins the champs league with him and it's then what does he do after that. Isn't one more champions league win the record or tying with the record.

in relation to megz example. Moyes in fairness has done good over at sociedad. We got 12th after a piss poor start and considering a lack of funds which meant he got no one in at all and all the injuries. I'm happy with that spot

In other news. Man u have confirmed they wont sign Falcao. He was pish all season and injury prone so good riddance IMHO

He is a very good manager but hardly being challenged at Chelsea. You could win the prem with them. It's hardly Aberdeen it's hardly taking a team that were 4th from bottom and turning that team into the greatest team in prem history

He's not playing Football Manager, what do you seriously expect from people, they get to top doing amazing things, but whateva because Alex Ferguson never managed Shamrock Rovers and Pep Guardiola never managed Royal Antwerp? There's more important achievements that just constantly building up clubs and then leaving. Champions Leagues, longevity, legacy, breaking records, defining clubs, working with possible Balon D'Or winnings in the future, handling world-class youth systems, but nah, fuck that, it's off to Aberdeen to be insane.

And "anyone could win the League with Chelsea" is slightly undermined by the fact that only two other people ever have in the last 110 years. Stop your rubbish.

They haven't been backed by a zillionare for 110 years they only reason Chelsea has won major trophies has nothing to with jose but roman pure and simple. Same with city. At least with clubs like United they are a business they make money and the can spend it

Also the reference to Aberdeen and the 4th from bottom team was fergie

Edited by bigmatt

They haven't been backed by a zillionare for 110 years they only reason Chelsea has won major trophies has nothing to with jose but roman pure and simple. Same with city. At least with clubs like United they are a business they make money and the can spend it

I want to throw wasps in your stupid face.

Since Roman bought Chelsea, two managers have won the Premier League; Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti, two great managers, despite neither of them having coached Aberdeen. 75% of those wins were Mourinho. Also during the Roman-era, the League wasn't won by Claudio Ranieri, Avram Grant, Luiz Scolari, Ray Wilkins, Guus Hiddink, Andre Villas-Boas, Roberto di Matteo and Rafa Benitez. Now, either all those managers are so unbelievably shit that they couldn't do a job that, apparently, anyone else on the world could have, making them not just bad managers, but also worse managers than people who aren't managers, or, OR, maybe Jose Mourinho actually did something mildly impressive, even though, admittedly, he never managed Aberdeen.

I get you're a troll poster now, and you go around disagreeing with people to annoy them, and it's your little thing because everyone here used to hate you and people were quite mean about it at times and stuff, we get it, we literally all get it, but, if you're going to troll people, it's very easy to just be stupid and make everyone mad that they're trying to argue with a wall, which obviously works because, well, look at me, successfully being annoyed at you saying stupid things, but, for gimmick longevity, you should try piecing intelligent points together before hand. It's more work, but I think you'd find it more satisfying to annoy people by being a legitimate devil's advocate, instead of just being loudly dumb.

So they've won the title every year since Roman took over then? God you're simple aren't you.

So what about Porto then or any of his clubs after Chelsea? No Roman there and he won plenty.

Porto made him I am not saying he isn't great just a tad overrated he did well with inter but the league is a bit of a joke he failed at real and was most successful at Chelsea with a billionaire backer however never won the cl with them. To truly be the special one take a club that doesn't have billions. Saying that if he ever was the United manager then he would be the greatest bar none :p

Let us also state the fact that before Roman, Chelsea had started to win European trophies and actually climbed into the top three in England, beginning a steady upward trend that attracted Roman to buy them in the first place.

Having not won anything in over twenty years, under Bates as chairman and with Gullit and then Vialli as manager managed to win the League Cup, the FA Cup twice, the Cup Winners Cup and the Super Cup as well as qualifying for the Champions League twice. They also signed Lampard, Gallas, Guðjohnsen during this time and promoted Terry to the starting XI with those four making huge contributions to Chelsea's success, in fact two of them could be argued are two of the greatest players to ever play for the club.

Plus you have to spend to win titles and cups in football these days. For all that people laud Ferguson for the team of 1995-96 and likes of the Class of '92 most United fans ignore the fact that bolted onto that side to make them into the Treble winners Fergie broke the British transfer record three more times. Or the fact that before them, the side that won the double in 1994 contained four players signed for British record fees (at the time of their signing) in Ince, Bruce, Pallister and Keane.

People can then cite the example of Barca but even though Puyol, Valdes, Messi, Xavi and Ineistia cost them zilch what about the rest of the team they built around them?

Just going back to the earlier point about Inter and Porto, I think the Inter side that Mourinho managed was very good. In the final they had a good keeper in Julio Cesar, an excellent defence of Maicon, Lucio, Samuel and Chivu, a quality midfield of Cambiasso, Zanetti and Sneijder and then the weakest area on the pitch, but still strong, with a strikeforce of Eto'o, Milito and Pandev. That's not a bad team at all, the only ones who weren't very high level players at the time were Chivu and Pandev, both of who are, at the very least, solid. They may not have been 'the' best team in Europe but they wouldn't have been far off it. As for the Porto Champions League win, it was obviously an excellent achievement but it was a weird competition that year and the only top quality side that Porto beat were United. They can only beat what's in front of them, of coruse, but that years Champions League was a bit of an anomaly and unusually weak.

I'm not discrediting him though, Mourinho is a brilliant manager and I'd consider him to be the best in the world, I just thought I'd offer that opinion up about Porto and Inter.