Lifes little pleasures.

Omega

So don;t know if this will take off but I thought it might be fun to see what people's little pleasures are in life. You know what I mean, those little events that pop up now and again and give you a strange feeling of happiness inordinately out of proportion to the event itself.

For me one of life's great little pleasures is peeling off the little plastic sticking guards they put over new shiny plastic or metal to protect it from scratching:

http://1000awesomethings.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/peeling-plastic-off-electronics.jpg?w=302&h=201

or how about when you are walking across a black and white titled floor or zebra crossing and your feet go perfectly from the same coloured tile or stripe on every foot fall.

• Like 1

Sitting down on the sofa after finishing the housework, knowing everything is cleaned and tidied away, is a small pleasure.

Another, which you don't get to do as often these days, was tearing off the side strips from dot-matrix-printer paper or any piece of paper with those type or perforations.

I

Getting a table seat on the train.

i'll go more specific than that, catching the 7am train from Southampton to Warerloo and waiting at the 7th carriage and getting the only single seat on the whole train. Bliss.

I think he means his best viewing seat mine was three rows from the back in the Isle seat I hate sitting I got the middle of a row makes me feel claustrophobic. Mind you have not been to the cinema in years. The one down here is an old fashioned one the multiplex is an hour and a bit away.

I love the smell of freshly popped popcorn yum.