WWE RAW Discussion Thread - May 18, 2015 from Richmond, VA (#1148)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, May 18, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, May 19, at 12AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

Richmond Coliseum in Richmond, VA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Payback Fallout

Is that foreshadowing Owens as the guy that beats Cena or just seeing too much in an NXT takeover advert?

A little bit from column A and a little bit from column B to be honest. I think Owens would be the right guy to come in and do it and when Zayn gets promoted or recovers they have a ready made person for him to feud over it with.

Unless Samoa Joe debuts straight onto the main roster as a surprise and beats Cena in one of the open challenges?

thought raw was good this week. rusev looked like a great heel the way he was treating lana, ryback vs sheamus was a good match and never expected owen to come out then get a match with the top guy at elimination chamber. I don't see how they could leave harper and rowen out of the tag title match but maybe they will take some team out on raw or sd before it or why they have r truth in the ic chamber match.

Unless Samoa Joe debuts straight onto the main roster as a surprise and beats Cena in one of the open challenges?

I might just like Samoa Joe too much to be rational, but I genuinely think a Samoa Joe surprise arrival to challenge John Cena would be professional wrestling's last real "inner-promotional" Y2J style pop. Unfortunately, Joe appearing on NXT would kill it a bit, because everyone would see it coming, but there'd still be something there that I don't think we'll ever hear again in wrestling.

It would indeed be awesome John. I think it would depend on the crowd. Last nights weren't exactly buzzing for Kevin, the Montreal crowd were far hungrier for SZ. You'd need to do it somewhere like Chicago or New York, but it would indeed be awesome.

Is that foreshadowing Owens as the guy that beats Cena or just seeing too much in an NXT takeover advert?

I've just caught up with this, and Kevin Owens has had one hell of a week. That whole segment on Raw, then his little backstage meeting with Trippers to ask for a match with Cena at Elimination Chamber were awesome.

If there was ever a time to not go down the Cena Wins LOL route, it's gotta be that match? I mean, I'm not getting my hopes up too much, but does anyone else reckon there's a chance Kev is winning at EC?