Pep Guardiola going to Man City?

King

I'm not as hot or as cold on Pep as apparently everyone's supposed to be. He's really good, but it's hard to tell just how good he is when he's always managed really good teams that did as well without him as they did with him. He seems to like homegrown guys though, so he'll be good for City's big youth push with their wacky new training centre and stuff.

Yeah, it seems Pep is good at maintaining a dynasty but then he gets bored and wanders off.

Barca where amazing when he took over, amazing with his guidance and not so bad since if a little behind his standards, but then a manager unable to manage you due to dying will do that to you.

Same with Bayern, although they seem to have regressed a little in the past couple of years and actually have less home grown talent coming through then he had at Barca with youngsters like Bernat, Thigao and such being bought in rather then produced but then again that was Bayern's pattern before him - they love buying players off their rivals and their rivals are not as financially set as them so have to sell.

I think its 50/50 personally at the moment, he's not won the CL there but that's all and to be honest without a re-haul I don't think they can as Robben, Ribery and such get older and more injury prone as time goes on. He's never had to build a team or mould one, which he'll need to do at Bayern but then again he also needs to at City so it may come down to how constrained they are by FFP which may effect their ability to have the building blocks he needs.

That and fast paced, physical teams used to give Barca and Munich problems now and again if the aggression and pace are channelled properly and the PL is full of teams capable of doing that so does he want that challenge or does he want to take the easy road?

Archived