Hulk Hogan says he will wrestle at Wrestlemania 32

Kam

Erm...

HOGAN SAYS HE WILL WRESTLE AT WRESTLEMANIA 32

- During the press conference in Australia, WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan said that he plans on wrestling at WrestleMania 32 in Dallas, Texas. Addressing the fans, Hogan said that Vince McMahon agreed to let Hulk lace up his wrestling boots one more time as long as he passes the physical test that everyone has to go through before stepping in the ring. “Next year they’re trying to top my indoor attendance record,” Hogan said, referring to WrestleMania III in Detroit. He said he saw Vince in the hallway one day during the WrestleMania 31 weekend and told him, “There’s no way you’ll run WrestleMania next year without Hulk Hogan on the card.” Hogan told the audience that Vince shook his hand and said, “I’ll look forward to it.” Hogan added that it could be the start of another run or his retirement match.

[source: Wrestling-Online Newsletter]

Yeah I saw a bunch of the tossers who comment on those sites having a field day with Hogans UFC claims, thing is, its true. There is an interview, and it MUST be online somewhere, because everything is online, in an old Sunday magazine from yonks ago with that Art Davie bloke and he mentions a bunch of names the UFC wanted to use on their first show, Hogan and Mr T were on the list, I vividly remember it, so Hogan was telling the truth (for once) and this other guy is wrong.

If you look at the timeline, its makes sense too. UFC had their 1st event in late 93, Hogan wasn't in the WWF anymore so he was available, the UFC was a complete freak show back then who were looking for anybody with names to generate publicity. Is this guy trying to make out its hilarious that they would have asked Hogan yet a taxi driver fought on the show? Give me a break.

Hogan was asked and he very cleverly turned it down.

With next years mania looking to be the biggest of all time I don't see why Hogan can't wrestle in a short match, even a tag match.The crowd would love as would older fans, it's not like he's going to main event the show.

If its his retirement match, which would be great (at Mania in front of a possible 100,000 fans) then I'd hate for it to be a tag, it needs to be a marquee name. I'm sure he could put on a 15 minute smoke and mirrors match with the right guy. If its just a match to get him on the card, a tag is fine. He deserves the biggest send off in WWF history though, he deserves more than Flair got.

If they can get Bret Hart through a match after a stroke without killing him when he wasn't allowed to take bumps then I am sure they can get Hogan through a send off match. I don't know who it would be against apart from maybe Cena at this stage (then again HHH could stick his nose in again like he did with Sting) and the finish would have to be from some shenanigans as he can't drop the leg anymore but it can be done.

This Mania could truly be the end of an era, Taker rumoured to retire, Hogan if he does wrestle will probably never wrestle again, - the shame is that the WWE will spend a year setting all this up behind the scenes and forget to do what it needs to do for its future and build someone up to the point where they are in a realistic position to retire Hogan or Taker and use it as a springboard like Lesnar did with beating the streak and becoming the beast of a WWE champion.

So yeah part of me wants to see the spectacle of it, but then part of me worries the company will be so focused on this that it will have no faith in the roster being a buy rate draw for the event and just leave them in the cold and expect Taker/Hogan/Brock/Cena to draw along with any special appearances they have planned.

Yeah I saw a bunch of the tossers who comment on those sites having a field day with Hogans UFC claims, thing is, its true. There is an interview, and it MUST be online somewhere, because everything is online, in an old Sunday magazine from yonks ago with that Art Davie bloke and he mentions a bunch of names the UFC wanted to use on their first show, Hogan and Mr T were on the list, I vividly remember it, so Hogan was telling the truth (for once) and this other guy is wrong.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Art Davie has said in past interviews that he wanted Hogan, Flair and Meng for UFC 1, but he's also said that he didn't actually approach any of them because he thought they'd be too expensive, and he didn't want fans to assume MMA was fake by associating it with the WWF. Given Hogan's history of assuming that everyone has offered him everything at some point, what seems likely is that he's heard that the UFC wanted him for UFC 1, and then translated that in his head into meaning that the UFC made him an offer to compete at UFC 1, which isn't actually true, or at least isn't a matter of public record.

I've not heard the Mr. T story. From what I've read, the two major guys to turn down UFC 1 were Steven Seagal and Leon Spinks.

Yep, very well could be Hogan caught wind of them wanting him and just said they made him an offer, sounds very feasible. I definitely remember Mr T being mentioned, never heard Flair or Meng but Hulk and Mr T were 100% mentioned. Remember that old Sunday magazine that used to come with the News of the World Sunday paper back in the mid 90's? I'm almost certain it was in that.