Invested in a match through hatred?

Laffy

When was the last time you invested in a match because you hated a particular wrestler and you wanted to see him get his comeuppance. For me the last time was in 2005 Ric Falir vs HHH.

Ric had just won the intercontinental championship and was really happy to welcome back his friend HHH all seemed to be going well until HHH turned on Ric and gave him a massive beatdown saying he took the horse out back and shot him. Not only at that point did i want to kill HHH that would have been too quick i thought of many many ways of torture that was befitting the beatdown HHH had inflicted on Flair.

Then came Taboo Tuesday and the cage match. It was glorious, HHH got the early advantage and for a while it looked like HHH would win, then Flair got the upper hand and it was poetry in motion the attack the dirty tricks, the strut, the chair shots wonderful stuff and of course the win followed by a great after match extra the embrace with Batista and his comment to HHH, what goes around comes around and the stare down was awesome.

[MEDIA=dailymotion]x5ulsv[/MEDIA] Part One

[MEDIA=dailymotion]x5ulz2[/MEDIA] Part Two

[MEDIA=dailymotion]x5um64[/MEDIA] Part Three

Cena v Punk MITB 2011, I know Punk didn't actually come across as hating Cena but he HATED his job and he wanted to leave by sticking it to the boss in the best way possible, taking his title like Bret threatened to do before, in his home town no less and ride into the sunset.

That whole 'Summer of Punk' was one of the things that dragged me back into wrestling after it was quite mediocre from about 2006 onwards. Sure there was the odd HBK v Taker magic moment at Mania but most of it was Super Cena wins lol and now finally, someone had managed to break it.

They pretty much bungled it after that feeding Punk to HHH and sticking the title on Albando Del Rio but for a little while it was glorious

triple h vs mankind on raw, I was a fan of mick foley for years before he was in wwe so I was chuffed when he won the title. plus it was a great ending with stone cold coming out and the fans were going nuts.

That was Rock vs. Mankind, wasn't it?

Archived