WWE RAW Discussion Thread - April 13, 2015 from London, England (#1143)

TPIB

http://www.talkwrestlingonline.com/images/shows/raw2012.png

When

United States: LIVE, Monday Night, April 13, at 8/7c on the USA Network

United Kingdom: Tuesday Morning, April 14, at 12AM on SkySportsHD3

Venue

The O2 Arena in London, England

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build to Extreme Rules

Brilliant night at the O2, okay Raw made to feel amazing by a great crowd. Neville, Paige, Barrett got great reactions. Was a little disappointed to not see Sheamus or Bryan wrestle on Raw. Appearances of Fandango and Adam Rose were pointless, Seth/Kane segment was also very tedious. Barrett/Cena and Neville/Ziggler were stand-out matches, Orton/Cesaro & Kidd was good but a waste of the tag champs

I find it a bit odd debuting Neville to a 1-2 losing record even if the matches have been particularly good. It's not like WWE is the workrate company or that they even seem to recognise when "talent" is getting someone over (like Cesaro).

I find it a bit odd debuting Neville to a 1-2 losing record even if the matches have been particularly good. It's not like WWE is the workrate company or that they even seem to recognise when "talent" is getting someone over (like Cesaro).

To me it seems as if they're pitching him as a proper rookie. He's very talented, can handle himself in the ring, but needs a little bit more experience before he can start racking up the wins.

I know outside of kayfabe that's complete nonsense, since Pac is probably a better wrestler than 75% of the roster right now, but in kayfabe, it's actually a cool little storyline for him about his transition from being the longest reigning NXT champion, to realising he's still got a lot ot learn.

I'm not expecting Neville to come in and put together some kind of crazy winning streak just yet, but I am expecting him to have good competetive matches, some of which he wins with high-flying spectacle, some of which he loses due to "inexperience".

To me that would work if you promoted someone like Kevin Owens who's "new" but hot but I think with Neville's style he should be spectacularly going over lower level talent every week to establish his moveset with the people not interested in NXT. Least that's how it feels to me otherwise he'll just be forgotten in the mix.

I think when he does come up against lower card talent, he's gonna tear through them (see Curtis Axel), but I really like that they're immediately having him mix it up with guys like Rollins and Dolph. It shows he's more than capable of giving the upper card guys a run for their money, even if he doesn't win.

I can't see Neville being forgotten, to me it looks like they're gonna position him as the premier high flyer of the company, in the same kind of way as they're prepping Callisto to be the Lucha guy for the company.

It's not so much the calibre of people he's losing to, it's the idea that it's a good thing to be a "tryer" as a gimmick. I'd rather they were just impressing us at the moment, getting Red Arrow over as a killer finisher like the SSP used to be.

According to the gossip rags, Bryan still has issues stemming from his neck injury and that is why he's not been having as many singles matches (or any at all) as of late and the reason he has been used sparingly in 6-man tags.

Bryan is saying he is hurting and a bit banged up but the WWE because of his neck don't want to take any chances and he is due a medical assessment when he gets back home.

As well as that, according to the gossip rags it was supposed to be Bryan who answered Cena's open challenge and they would have had an impromptu champion v champion match on Raw that would have ended with Rusev attacking Cena after a long back and forth match. But the WWE got worried, pulled Bryan and put Barrett in the mix instead.

As of now however (pending the medical situation) Bryan is still booked to face Barrett in defence of the IC championship at Extreme Rules.

Raw ratings at low levels

Tuesday, 14 April 2015 13:59

Raw felt greatly from last week's show which went against the highest rated NCAA final in moer than a decade and was near record low levels.

The show was one of the least watched episode of Raw in the modern era that was not during football season or a non-holiday show, doing 3.66 million viewers, down 23% from the same week one year ago.

The three hours were:

8 p.m. 3.69 million viewers

9 p.m. 3.79 million viewers

10 p.m. 3.53 million viewers

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/42086-raw-ratings-at-low-levels

I know Orton is the number one contender and such but did they really need to job out the Tag Champions to him last night? In a 2 on 1 Handicap match as well?

Konnor and Victor where right there is all I'm saying.

This is the problem for so long. They spend months building up the tag team titles at a time then throw it in the trash for meaningless moment. And its recurring and no one can give a shit anymore.

The same will happen with the US and Inter titles once Bryan and Cena lose them and building them up is not flavour of the month anymore.