Man Utd Vs Man City

King

LVG has his team playing well and with Utd at home I can see them winning this.Of course I hope they don't win to keep our tiny chance of top 4 alive but I don't think City will beat them.

I'm saying a Utd win, 2-0

Kickoff is at Sunday 4pm.

If we keep 11 men on the pitch unlike last time we have a better chance, the side seems to finally be sort of settled, City are in a bit of a wobble but it all depends for them on two men - Yaya and Aguero.

Keep them relatively quiet United should do this, let them have time and space and then things get much more difficult.

United played like a team, City, well the majority of them, played like a bunch of divas. Outside of the first 10 minutes when they pressed high, bossed the midfield and scored a very good team goal, they where pants as a team. After the first 20 or so minutes they got tired it seemed or expected United to cave (like they did in previous derby's) but they didn't, they got stronger and stronger and City wilted.

The game did in a way come down to Yaya - United isolated his side of the pitch when they attacked, knowing he can't be bothered to track back or do a job and he didn't raise his game to prove them wrong and it dictated the tactical path of the game. They should have played Yaya further up the park and played Milner in the middle which means, okay he wouldn't win the ball in the air, but he would keep after the second ball and not allow the likes of Young and Blind space and time as a result.

Not that I'm complaining, great performance as a team, should have been more then 4-2 and players like Valencia, Fellani, Mata, Young and to a certain degree Smalling (who I personally wanted to burn alive after the last derby when he got recklessly sent off) who have been maligned and mauled by fans and press alike at times in the past couple of years or so have played excellent and have found their place at the club in recent weeks.

There have been some good results in recent weeks, like the win over Liverpool and the destruction of Spurs and earlier in the season when we drew with Chelsea and squeezed past Liverpool and Arsenal but this is the best I have felt as a United fan in ages - our ground has been reclaimed from City and we just destroyed the champions of England.

That Chelsea game is looking more and more mouth watering next weekend.

Why are people shocked at City? They did the same thing the last time they won the Prem. One great season then a bunch of overpaid divas who aren't a team fall apart. At least with Chelsea, another small team that bought the title, they are a team and going though things in a much better way than City. Edited by bigmatt

Chelsea where not a small team, they'd won trophies and not been relegated in years when they won the title. Before Roman bought them they had already finished in the top three, been to the later stages of the Champions League and won a European trophy as well.

I wouldn't even call City a small team either, after all this was a side that had won major honours but fallen on hard times, much like Forest or to a lesser extent Villa. A small team is a Rochdale or a Bury. They where a mid-table side at best, a bottom of the league team at worse.

However, though we may differ on that I will agree that they are not playing like a team and it was much like this the first time they won the title, of that you are right. What I see is a compliancy both from the players and the board - Chelsea strengthened, United did also and so to a point did Arsenal. On this occasion City brought in Malanga and Lampard before that, the last time they won the title they brought in Sinclar and Rodwell - not names that strengthen a side.

They blamed FFP but the fact is a well run club shouldn't be in that position and that fault lies in the boardroom although I have no doubt the manager will take the fall come May but the fact is the players have let him down and so have those who need to give him the tools to take it to the next level.