Raheem Sterling

King

So with all the talk of him and his contract do ye guys really think he's worth the money?.I think he's slightly overrated and has the reputation of being a "big time charlie" even at the age of 20, his agent seems to be a complete tool but if a club is willing to pay £50M for him then I would drive him to the airport myself.

What ye think, will he be a Liverpool player next season?

I think he's overrated. He's quick as hell and if you let him run at you he can cause damage but I think he is woefully lacking in a end product, be it a pass, shot or cross. I think teams will figure out that if you get tight to him and don't let him run at you he is largely ineffective. He'll have games where he looks a world beater and is the best player on the pitch, but then he'll also have plenty of games where he goes missing and does absolutely nothing. For the kind of money that is being bandied about I would want someone who offers a bit more than that.

So if a club offers a decent sum, then yes I would let him go. I certainly wouldn't be offering £150k a week.

From the player himselfs point of view, I think generally he should stay. He definitely shouldn't go abroad, if he ended up at a Madrid or Barca, he would get found out pretty fast and find himself out of the side, and then coming back to England for half the price within 18 months. He might be a success at City, as they need to boost their English player quota so he'll have more of an opportunity to play I would suspect. Same could maybe be said for Chelsea, although I'm not sure he's Mourinho type of player so I doubt that would be the best move. Arsenal are mega overloaded in that area of the pitch as it is so I don't why he would go there. So yeah, Liverpool is probably the best place for him just now. He's going to get the chance to play every week and develop properly if he deflates his head a little bit. If he develops a more consistent end product and turns in Eden Hazard over the next three or four years then yes, maybe we can then start talking about Real Madrid but that is a long, long way off at the moment.

Jordan Henderson, I also think he will sign. He's developing into a really good player so they need to get that done soon, especially with Gerrard leaving. As I said above, with City needing English players there is always a danger they might come sniffing about, so the sooner they get Henderson signed the better because it looks like he's going to the future captain. There is an argument that he could be a more important deal than Sterling.

Like Magic says he is not as good as he thinks he is and all of this is agents and people getting into his head. It is another case of the newspapers and the media building someone up as the great hope of English football and them believing it but a world class play able to command fees of £50m and wages of £150,000 and above per week is one that can decide a game and take it by the scruff of the neck and make it there's week in and week out... Sterling doesn't do that.

As Magic alluded to his end product is not there, he is not consistent, he is not as good as any member of Barca's front three or Real's, he is not as good as Silva or Aguero at City, Rooney or Di Maria at United, Sanchez at Arsenal or Costa or Hazard at Chelsea so why he should be more expensive then them (aside from Di Maria) or able to replace any of them is beyond me.

Liverpool have given him the platform to grow and will continue to do so, the national team also will do all they can to help him grow as well but a big money move to another top six side or abroad will only add extra pressure, extra attention and just add to the chance of him being waylaid.

Stay put Raheem, stop churning out kids willy nilly (4 already!) and being a big time Charlie and concentrate on your game and what you can do for Liverpool so that you earn that wage and make yourself worthy of the hype.

If he wants to be thought of as a £50m pound player capable of playing on the big stage then the fact is when he played in Europe this season, against some crap teams I might add as well in terms of other CL teams, he managed one assist and no goals in five starts and one sub appearance. That just won't do.

He has only scored 17 goals and created 15 in his career so far for Liverpool in all competitions, that is three seasons worth of football. In contrast Gareth Bale in the three seasons before his move to Madrid scored 44 goals and created 23 for his side in all competitions and those where his first three seasons after being moved up the park from left back and also at a young age like Sterling now.

He doesn't measure up against the man he is rumoured to be replacing and won't IMO for another few years IF he remains settled at one club, playing in a consistent position and getting support like Bale did at Spurs, Ronaldo did at Man U, Messi did at Barca, Rooney did at Man U and others before him.

He only needs to look at Sturridge, a player with pace and natural talent like him who came to Liverpool to work with Rogers and the club because he wanted help to develop and he knew that would happen there, like it did with Fowler, Owen, Rush, Barnes, Gerrard and others before.

I still suspect he'll stay at Liverpool, but if he does move on I would definitely expect to see him at City more than Madrid. Especially with the English players thing that King alluded too.

I'm sure Madrid are keeping a close eye on pretty much every young player in the world who shows the slightest modicum of talent, doesn't mean they'll sign them.

The way City have gone this season, a move there just feels much more realistic. They've had a crap season, what better way to try and get people back onside than by signing English footballs latest biggest hope. Hell I could see them spending the best part of £80m and bringing in Barkley too.