Forums are under active construction. ×

Did Sandow Losing Spoil The Money In The Bank Briefcase?

Guest Ciaran The King

Guest Matt Black
What ever Sandow has or hasn't done he was f**ked as soon as he lost his cash-in to Cena in October

Yeah...way to sink Sandow and destroy the prestige of the MITB briefcase in one fell swoop.

Guest Jayfunk
destroy the prestige of the MITB

I disagree, if the MITB winner always wins the title it makes the MITB concept dull after a while

Guest Ciaran The King
The concept of losing the chance is fine, it all depends on the calibre of the performer and how he was perceived by the company and fans beforehand. Sandow wasn't booked strong so he looked weak therefore he diminished very very quickly after the Cena loss

Guest Matt Black
I disagree, if the MITB winner always wins the title it makes the MITB concept dull after a while

My point isn't that Sandow's failure to successfully cash in the MITB contract destroyed it's prestige, but rather the bumbling manner in which he was given the briefcase and then the whole thing came to nothing thanks to the fact that he was senselessly squashed by Super Cena in just another average match did the damage.

Booked sensibly, a programme in which a MITB winner came within a hair of winning the title and then was denied could have been compelling and elevated the guy in the process, making him seem like an embattled and gallant loser as opposed to just a loser.

Sandow just lost and ended up looking like a prat who was never even a threat to the champ.

I honestly think that he was given the briefcase and then they ran out of ideas or lost faith in him, panicked and fed him to Super Cena to get rid of the problem.

Notice how he wasn't mentioned in the build-up for MITB 2014?

They should've done what they're currently doing with Rollins and Ambrose with Cody and Sandow last year. Especially with the way Sandow won the case.

It was a waste of two potential pushes, not just Sandow's. After his performance last year, they could've made a star out of Cody too.

I don't think there's been a dull Money in the Bank match or a dull cash-in for the entire history of the stipulation.

Sure, the push of a lot of the holders before and during their run with the belt has sucked, but the actual moment of cashing in has always gained a positive reaction.

Also, there was a failed cash-in in 2012 and 2013.

Guest Edgehead
I don't think it spoiled it at all, there has to be the occasional failed cash in. I think if anything it spoiled Sandow, I mean what has he done since apart from this sh*t he's doing now

Guest Jayfunk
I don't think there's been a dull Money in the Bank match or a dull cash-in for the entire history of the stipulation.

Sure, the push of a lot of the holders before and during their run with the belt has sucked, but the actual moment of cashing in has always gained a positive reaction.

Also, there was a failed cash-in in 2012 and 2013.

The matches have been fine, when the MITB winner always won and after the first few cash ins they became more and more predictable and thus less interesting as time went on, to me the MITB is more like the IC belt of yesteryear you win that then you 90% of the time step up to be world champ, to me they should can MITB and bring back and decent mid card title that would be used to push the next main event talent.

Guest Ciaran The King
I don't think one particular thing has diminished the shine of the MITB briefcase but as with HIAC the gimmick is now been squeezed for all it's worth.

Well then you're talking sh*t, how can Sandow cashing in recently have anything to do with MITB 2005?

Again the cash in doesn't really matter, not really, because there's only a finite amount of ways you could ever cash it in. Some people had to not get the belt at some point, Sandow was mid-card at the time he had the case and returned there after, big surprise.

Again you can't diminish a gimmick, you can get bored of it for sure but it's a mechanism, a deus ex machina to allow someone to slot into a spot on the roster.

Guest Ciaran The King
I'm just commenting that since it's inception in 2005 the allure of the Money In The Bank has become predictable.

No you're not, allure isn't something you can predict. You either mean a) that the MITB has lost it's allure or b) that the MITB has become predictable. Again A doesn't really exist, it's a f*cking briefcase not a belt and B is totally inevitable as there is only a finite number of ways to cash it in anyway.

Youre right CTK, it is predictable. Either the winner cashes it in or doesn't. He wins or loses. Its announced or its a surprise cash in. Totally predictable. Maybe the next holder should trade it for a hummer and run down the title holder with it.

Guest Matt Black
I'd watch, as long as he did it for The Rock.

You just took me right back to Rocky's impression of the heel Rikishi explaining why he ran someone over (was it Steve Austin?):

"I did it for the Rock...ah, no one cares about you, you skirt-wearing fatty!"