Forums are under active construction. ×

Success

Guest pheadley

Guest pheadley
when does a wrestler obtain a high level of success. is it the main events, title wins, longevity.what is a successful wrestler.

Could memorability factor into it?

I mean, we're talking about Brooklyn Brawler in the other thread, so does the fact we're still remembering him fondly after all these years mean he was successful? Not in the conventional sense, such as prestige and title wins, but surely he was a successful wrestler to leave the lasting impression on us that he did?

I think it kind of falls under longevity with Lombardi, not taking anything away from him but he was lucky to be a jobber with a gimmick that was kept around for ages.

Question then, is Colt Cabana "successful"?

I'd say so, he's become completely self sufficient as an Indy wrestler, he's spread out into other media, and he's a pretty recognisable guy in the wrestling world?

True, but I suspect he earns a fraction of what, say, Jinder Mahal earns.

Most likely, but he does it under his own terms completely, so that counts for something with me at least.

Colt Cabana does...well, whatever Colt Cabana wants to do and anyone who achieves that is a success in my book.

You could say that about the guy living under a bridge wearing a tinfoil hat and pulled all his fillings out so the government can't spy on him. ;)

You could say that about the guy living under a bridge wearing a tinfoil hat and pulled all his fillings out so the government can't spy on him. ;)

That man has a type of freedom we will never know, understand, or appreciate. That's success.

Archived