Music Club X: Miami Vice

Shaun2J

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood

Love a little Killing Joke but mainly cause they had lots of influence on Nirvana and such. I like this song, probably a little out of the left field for them back then but without a doubt their famous song. I like the faint chugging sound to the guitars they've kept. Yeah, I think I might have to listen to more of their stuff.

9/10

The Police - Don't Stand So Close to Me '86

I was singing "I want my, I want my, I want my MTV" throughout the verses. :lol And then the DUM DUM DUM DUM Bass. I'm not sure on what version I like better... This must be the most highly rated Music Club cause this is getting another high score.

8/10

The OMEGA man

Love this, Always have, probably always will. To me it has a jingle jangle guitar tone that a lot of other badns copied, perhaps some even improved on? Who knows... KJ invented it. That riff is awesome.

10/10

The Polis - Dinnae Ston So Close Tae Us, Eh?

If you don't like The Police... then it's criminal. AHAHAHAHAHAHA! See what I did there? Aye, awright. Leave off. My bad patter doesn't disguise that this is an awesome song, but I admit to preferring the "normal" version. Still good though.

7/10

We should put bans on people who don't complete this season joining the next

That's what I tend to do but most of the time, it's either completed or the uncompleted bunch don't come back for the next club anyway.

Also Laffy and Hancock haven't reviewed yet, but they also haven't made their picks so they are kinda cool but need to finish this. Boyo can suck one though. :D

Edited by Shaun2J

I've judged everything on merit as if I was driving a 1984 Camaro IROC convertible down Ocean Blvd, music blaring so people can hear.

Shaun

I Ran - this was going to be my other pick to go with Animotion. I love this track, one of my all time favourites. If I was blaring this out in my 84 Camaro T-Top I'm sure I'd get a lot of puss. The only reason it doesn't get 10 is because it's not Obsession by Animotion - 9/10

Eminence Front - really wanted to like this I mean, it's The Who, right? It's got some actual musicianship and a great rock voice belting out over some darned funk... but 80's Miami it ain't. It doesn't have the brashness that only a key tar and hair gel can provide - 5/10

Inno

One Night In Bangkok - couldn't help but really enjoy this track. It started off a bit iffy but once that beat kicked in. Yes. I can't give it too high a score though as it's not the coolest track I've ever heard, and I'm going for cool. 7/10

Together In Electric Dreams - agaiiiiin, not a particularly cool track for my Camaro as I cruise South Beach trying to score me some 80's strange. The kind of track you sing along to, rather than nod your head and look badass to, but it's still a great choice - 7/10

Maxx

Let's Go All The Way - f'kn AWESOME track. Love this. This and Animotion > everything - 10/10

Too Much Time On My Hands - eeuurrggh, I do like this. I do. I like the music and the vibe but it's Styx, man. Styx. People are going to know it's Styx. It's the equivalent of playing that recent Little Mix track. By God it's good but it's still Little Mix - 6.5/10

Omega

Love Like Blood - oh God no. This would not attract some hot Miami mami at all. If this came on I'd fast forward to Sly Fox immeds - 1/10

Don't Stand So Close To Me - because the f'n Police, and possibly the weakest of their big hits, remade for the worse, screams 1980's Miami. He hasn't got this at all - 0/10

Cheers!

Edited by Boyo

We should put bans on people who don't complete this season joining the next

As one of the people who would be banned by that rule, I think it's a good rule. Part of joining the music club is the possibility of realising you don't have the time to do it, but, once you've realised that, you shouldn't be allowed to play anymore.

Omegamaid... so made. Cheers, Boyo XD

I like Killing Joke's stuff from the 90's better but this is good. I liked the driving rhythm guitar paired with the alt. style lyrics. Short on samples and more elements of Industrial flavor but that comes later. Overall this is a pretty good song. 7/10

The Police - Don't Stand So Close to Me

I'm not a huge fan of The Police. I f*cking hate pigs.

This song and most of there stuff is good, it's just never my choice when it comes to listening music. I know this song so well in fact, that I don't even really need to listen to it, but in the spirit of the club I'm doing it anyway. I'm sorry but if you can't see yourself driving a convertible in the 80's and not blasting this song through your sweet sound system then there's something wrong with you. Another solid pick. 7/10

Oh Boyo, you do make me laugh. Did it take you long to try and come up with a concept so you could vote my tracks as low as possible or did it just kind of make it's way through all the other voices?

No I came up with my "concept" when I posted my two videos you reptile.

Cheers!