How are you today?

Beefhead

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mad day of travelling today. Leaving Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania heading back to New York by coach. Then the subway/bus to The Airport, a couple of hours waiting around, then a 6 hour flight from East Coast to West Coast (Seattle). Total distance today is about 2,800 miles and get into Seattle at around 4.30am UK time!!

Today, I'm feeling content after having possibly the best weekend/birthday I've ever had, Friday (my actual birthday) I got to go to my favourite restaurant, Fazenda In leeds which was (as always) brilliant, then on Saturday morning me ad my friend set off to Blackburn for me to see my favourite team play at home for the first time, I bought 2 shirts and had the third bought for me then we enjoyed a few pre game beverages then we got to game time and we were sat just behind the Blackburn goal for the 1st half. I was utterly convinced that a recently inform Wigan would be too much for us and by the end of the first half I was happy it was 0-0! Especially after seeing Wigan blast a penalty over the bar!!

2nd Half another former England goalkeeper (although not a regular... Not that Robbo was either :lol) Scott Carson standing in the goal in front of us and Wigan started as they meant to go and with Perch putting the ball between a couple of our defenders legs and making it 0-1! I was a little disappointed but not too much as I expected the worst! Then something REALLY suprising happened, Ben Marshall controlled a loose defensive headed and drilled it home within a couple of minutes of Wigan's opener 1-1!

What followed that up was another quick shock as my current favourite Blackburn player headed home a free kick 2-1... I'm now extremely nervous everytime Wigan get on the ball but nothing comes about until 8 minutes before time, Ben Marshall hits home another great goal! 3-1! I can finally rest easy but Blackburn didn't and had another player had the chances that Luke Varney blew (one from less than a yard) it could have been 5! Seeing every goal from so close and with it being my first game it was really a great birthday gift!

Then after the game as we were literally staying a 2 minute walk from the stadium, my friend suggested waiting around to meet players after we accidentally bumped a player and got my program signed by Ryan Tunnicliffe (who I had mistook for a member of the coaching staff) He's our newest signing so It's just about forgivable!! So then I met Lee Williamson, Josh King, Chris Taylor (who was very friendly and really took interest in a fan who had come over from europe to watch also for the first time!), New signing Shane Duffy (whom I recognised as his photo was on the program!) Corry Evans, Markus Olsson and a very tired Grant Hanley who was kind enough to have a picture taken with me and neither of us smiled it was special!

Then my friend bolted to the players entrance after seeing Jordan Rhodes who was an absolute gent and kind enough to chat for a short while, we had a photo and he looks genuinely happy in it, I think the love of the fans is something he finds truly rewarding! Then I got another great interaction with Tom Cairney, who was very similar to Jordan Rhodes but more happy even having kick around with some of the kids who had had t shirts signed (which I also did...... I was just the same only larger and with slightly more facial hair! :lol )

After my football adventure we went to Blackpool and indulged in two of my other favourite pass times, eating and drinking, I also found my New favourite restaurant a little italian on the front whose staff were very friendly even though it was late when we arrived the food was delicious the drink to match and we chatted with the chefs for quite a while after (and returned the next day).

I also managed to win £200 in the bookies so the trip was free in the end!

• 2 weeks later...
Not too shabby. It's been I-don't-know-how-long since I logged in to TWO. I was prompted by Fletch messaging me on Facebook about TWOStars so I thought I'd have a look-see. I started the third year of my Psychology BSC today so I'm full of optimism about the coming year; that'll pass once I start having to do revision and coursework again, I'm sure.

I'm good, I've been trolling Americans on YouTube about calling football 'soccer' and holy shit do they lose it!

Something I noticed about Americans, if you argue with them online and they find out you're from England, they always - ALWAYS - resort to calling you some variation of "Brit" "Euro" and "Fag/Faggot". WTF is up with you Yanks and your mass homophobia and xenophobia? And its not just the occasional one, its all of em! They allllll jump in and start railing on you with Brit faggot stuff, its crazy! Its like they just cant help themselves.

Awww... man, mmmmmm. Roxanne Pallett. She was in Emmerdale wasn't she? Not that I watch it :brows. Stonkingly, blood-flowingly hot brunette.

Work was ferociously, relentlessly busy today. Lots of orders, which is of course great, but it still wears you out come 5pm.

Cheers!